Why are these white lines/tiles appearing on my texture?

So I create art with The Sims 4 and Blender. I purchased a single PBR skin shader for my sims so they could have realistic skin textures. Unfortunately, these white tiles show up on certain parts of the new skin shader, and I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone know what this could be caused by? Also, I tried changing the texture interpolation from Linear to Smart, Cubic, AND Closest and it did not work.

*EDIT: I added the link to a simplified version of the scene for anyone’s viewing in a post further down

Those look like your mesh edges…so could be from the UV map could you show the scene in the UV editor and Face selected in edit mode?

Also, could we see your Face material nodes in full?

In the meantime…check your mesh for all the usual suspects… The scale applied, duplicate geometry, etc. as I am going to assume you don’t have any wish to share the Blend File… You could do it through a DM if you could, far better that trying to guess from images…

Can you provide the shader node tree?

Did you do this on all of the images? What you’re seeing is an interpolation error on your SSS map. Changing the texture interpolation for that texture will fix this

Does it help to mute the normal/bump? Looks very low poly, and excessive normal/bump can cause shading errors. Also, does all the maps cause striping, or just one/some?

I did change it on both her textures, the original and the new PBR skin shader. It still doesn’t work, unfortunately.

Here you go

Sorry, how would I do that? I’m pretty new. Only this Skin shader causes this problem. I’ve never had it before using it.

Are the vertices connected on the model? If you imported the model it could have been imported in many pieces. Using SSS will give results like this then.

As far as I can tell it seems to be the SSS. I think the model has to few polys so that the edge agles are to sharp and the SSS effect appears to strong on the edges compared to the faces.
To see if my assumption is correct you could add a subdevision modifyer to the model and see, if more subdevisions make the effect dissapear.

I recommend sharing the project; lighting, model, materials and with textures packed into the file. You can still minimize it to leave only stuff that remain broken. I don’t have any experience using SSS myself, nor do I work with humanoid models. But it’s hard to decipher if anything is wrongly setup based on pictures.

@RSEhlers @joseph @BigBlend @CarlG @DennisR Here’s the project file.

thank you all for your time. I tagged everyone who commented just in case someone who didn’t ask to view it would still like to.

The SSS was strange. Using the regular “Christersen-burley” fixes the white lines.

1 Like

I hate to say this as it usually doesn’t help, but opening your file, the textures are fine…there are no white lines and everything ( except a nasty set of faces on the right and left shoulder that are stretched across the UV map)…

May be one of those times you need to append your file to a new Blend…

Here you can see the lighter set of faces on the shoulder that needs some work…

Press render button and they will appear.

1 Like

Yep. That fixed the issue for me! Thank you and everyone else so much! I didnt know how to get into a custom node until now.