Why can't I edit?

I’m new to this program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have applied materials to, and animated, a plane and a complex mesh structure in Blender. I want to make alterations to these objects. I placed the 3D window in edit mode, and the viewport shading to wire frame. The panels window is set in editing mode. None of the verticies show up for any of these objects. What do I need to do in order to be able to edit them?

Thanks,
Andy

Ctrl-TAB keys ( Edit mode) to switch between Points-Edges-Faces, maybe?
Bye

Is it possible you don’t have your object selected when you enter edit mode with the TAB KEY?

While in object mode you must first select the object you wish to edit and then use the TAB KEY to enter edit mode.

Otherwise, OTO may be right. If you are not in vertex selection mode, you won’t see the vertices. While in edeit mode, the header (or footer in this case) shows the current selection mode at the right with the 3 buttons next to the render button.

HTH,

Mark

You are right. I thought I could go into edit mode with nothing selected. Whoops. I guess I know better now. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your input. I didn’t select the object I wanted to edit in Object mode. Newbie mistake.