Why did you choose Blender?

Yes, you’re right. The tutorials I’m thinking of are mostly the early ones on modeling. Perhaps it has more to do with his techniques for joining meshes, but the end result was that I became far more comfortable with Blender. I eventually found myself becoming impatient with his tutorials, but at the beginning, they were a lifeline.

Troll trap… Its like a broken record player, so it hard not to see endi trolling. Although as he is more and more becoming a caricature, I’m beginning to find it funny to be honest.

@SilenceBe
It’s ALWAYS been funny!

First and foremost because its free. But also because of the awesome user community and rapid development.

Likewise. If they were free, I’d still prefer Blender; not saying they aren’t powerful and capable, but the OP asked why we chose Blender. I love keyboard shortcuts.

I originally downloaded Blender because it was free and I was desperate for a way to earn a living. I developed two serious medical problems that mean I can’t go out and do a conventional job any more. As 3d was my hobby I wanted to continue, but with no job I couldn’t afford to keep up as 3D modellers improved. Over the years since then I have used Blender to earn a fair proportion of my income, though I never did a single frame of animation with it until last weekend. All of my earnings from Blender were due to selling 3D models, in fact for years I only used Blender as a modeller and did very few still renders with it.

I’ve built many 3D spacecraft with Blender and several vehicles, some of which have sold thousands of copies.

+1

And now that I have purchased and used a few commercial apps, I am more sold on Blender than ever before.

A competitive flying scale modeler (solid)… :^) I have utilized the services of CAD artists for over 15 years. I favor scratch designing in 2D utilizing multiple view drawings of a given 1:1 airframe then through either auto-trace or manual trace, the image(s) are unified to create a 3D object (solid) file representation.

While I have utilized 2D and 3D CAD to render solids milled and printed, I have sought for the last two years to create a 3D Tool Box utilizing the raster editing tools I have used for years and with raster-to-vector editors typically used to create and export .stl format files with which to CNC mill and print my designs.

This is a reality within the realm of extremely expensive CAD driven processes. With the latest rev of Blender, I am curious as how it can assist me with my 3D tool box and resulting models.

My curiosity was peeked when I found an image during a Google search earlier today. This was a Blender screen capture wherein two sides were the side view and head-on view of a DC8 and the base onto which a rendered fuselage was aligned over was the top down view rendering of the DC8 line art drawing.

It was free 3d computer animation program.

Not a bad deal for what it can do.

–Jbest