Why does blender do that to Meee! T.T

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

i was modelling a car in blender 2.49b and i save and save and save like every 5 minutes.

so i was in the 3d view rotating, grapping, scaling and normal using, then suddenly it crashed , and when opend my same car model .blend file

it deleted random stuff from the model :mad:

Look what it did to my model :
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5784/wawawa.png

it deleted the back lights ,front lights , three tires but one ,the rim of the only tyre and the windows t.t .

Is this the first time tat this has happened?

the best way to save, is to create a folder and save an individual blend file for each step of progress.
Is it actually deleting stuff, or is it just reverting to a previous saved version? also, are you re-opening a saved file through file-open. or are you using, recover last session? because if it crashes, it wont recall the version that crashed, but will revert to a randomly saved blend file that it auto saves, not one that you saved. or is it actually just deleting random stuff?

yes actually it’s the first time it does that.

and it is deleting random stuff not reverting to a previous saved version.

the best way to save, is to create a folder and save an individual blend file for each step of progress.

uhm… how to that?
does blender do that by it self or should i do it my self?

Have you checked your auto-saves to see if thats saved properly/better progress?

Check your TMP directory and you’ll find a bunch of blends. You may find files like .blend1 or .blend2, remove the number from the end and it will be a useable blend file which might just contain a good backup of your work.

Yes i found there !
thanks alot for helping

still so strange isn’t it?

Does seem quite odd, must be slightly corrupt in some way or saved badly.

Either way glad you found it, and glad I could help :slight_smile: