I noticed a strange behavior while using the solidify modifier. I did the following (to reproduce):
- Add a plane and subdivide it a few times
- Select a part of that plane (not all vertices) and create a duplication of the selection with Shift+D and Esc
- Assign the duplication to a vertex group to solidify it later
- Add a solidify modifier and assign it the vertex group created in step 3
- Tab into object mode and apply the solidify modifier
Now all vertices of my original plane from step 1 have been doubled. I do not understand why because the solidify modifier was only applied to a part of the mesh… Did I do something wrong?
I attached my test file that represents the step 4. When I apply the modifier in step 5, all vertices of the original plane have doubled.