Why does this kind of broken surface appear when passing UV, do you know what causes this?

Why does this kind of broken surface appear when passing UV, do you know what causes this?

Have u try to remove double verices?

Do you mean to delete vertex groups? I tried

I mean, in edit mode, select all and press alt M and select merge my distance.That would delete any vertices that are in the same place (double) and causing problems

This looks like the kind of map you get when you edit something that was seamed-- probably bridging verts that are members of different islands.

The solution is to reunwrap the faces that you create. It’s wise to to get seams from islands before editing, which will make it easier to hide existing islands, easier to select the new faces you’ve created.

After creating the faces, you can adjust seams to make it clear which islands your new faces should belong to, pin the old islands verts, and unwrap the new faces + a margin of faces to unwrap the new faces around the old faces.

Just to make it clear. Did you transfered UVs from one mesh to another?

@ roussos Nice, didn’t know the shortcut for this. Also there used to be an auto merge option but I can’t find it in 2.8

Yes that’s the same option, it is just with different name. It is an auto merge though!