Why my object's seam is like this?

Hello Guys… I am new here and i don’t know much about this community, so i am sorry if there is inappropriate and rude word in my question.

I have object (beer mug), that i have been modelling it, but there is a problem about it like this

When i marked seam and make model of it, it has visible seam shown like in this picture, and there also a problem about the top part of beer mug. What i want to ask is how can i fix this?

Here is my blender file https://pasteall.org/blend/e2bce98e7f4945cc816c35399ca4cacb

Hi!

The problem is with messy topology: there are some vertices inside and edges going through the model where handle connects to the mug. Some can be seen from the outside, but you can see them with X-Ray.

Delete these manually and then Clean Up > Delete Loose to get rid of possible unconnected vertices/edges.

1 Like

I have delete the underneath vertices, but after that, the handle become like this

I have tried to add Edge Loop for make the shading looks smooth, but the handle just become like in this process
blender_fn1eBR7Vbh

There are extra edges there that should be removed (see second screenshot I attached). You can even see it in Object Mode: a black line going through the handle (edges that do not form faces are rendered as black lines)

Is this Edge that you are talking about? i checked again and found this one

Errrr, it’s hard to tell from that image. They are marked as seams, so look for red edges.

Here, I moved it to see a bit better. I was wrong though, these are not just edges but a very thin faces. Find them and delete and that should make things better.

I wonder why the edge can be hidden even from Remove Double, usually when vertices is doubled, they can be removed using it

They do not appear to be “doubles”.

If I understand correctly, Remove Double is what is now called Merge by Distance. It removes/merges vertices that are close to each other.

And these are nowhere close to each other, not really. They don’t overlap at all.

1 Like

Sorry for late reply, i have delete the edge, here is the process

Also, i want to ask you about top part of beer mug, i bridge the gap between two face at the top, but the result that i get is this
blender_xoMiMJwZdW

How to fix the face into full perfect face?

Well, unfortunately, you can’t just bridge it. I don’t think there’s any graceful solution for this :thinking:
It might be easier to just redo the whole top part - remove it and extrude again.

1 Like

Oh ok… Thanks for your help