Why not more talk about Nicholas Bishop's Skin Modifier patch....

I noticed there is a lot of talk about unlimited clay and what’s happening with it - whether or not it will ever be completed etc, but I would like to mention that there is already a fairly solid tool for building up shapes - the awesome skin modifier patch from Nicholas Bishop…

I do realize the two technologies do different things - but I think the big reason a lot of people want unlimited clay is because they way to add geometry dynamically. I think it can be argued that in some ways the skin modifier solution is a faster solution than unlimited clay for blocking out shapes

Btw the patch was updated today - which is what prompted me to write this… I’m waiting for someone to load a new build on graphicall…

You can get the patch here:

https://sites.google.com/a/nicholasbishop.net/www/

if you know how to compile it…

I think there are numerous of interesting Blender related projects but it is the case of getting those projects in trunk.

You should see my programs folders and the numbers of Blender branches I have. To be honest sometimes I loose track of what does what.

One thing I really find a pitty is that Blender doesn’t have a plugin interface where you could write modifiers in C. It would make it a lot more user friendly and managable.

Yeah, Nick was on fire for a bit- hopefully all the features from the last 2 years will start wedging into the code soon, as well as all the new cool ones :slight_smile: