Why, oh why, oh why...

Why…Is the question.
Why is the new 2.34 gameengine so FREAKIN’ SLOW!?
It has an uncountable # of bugs, and it is EXTREMELY slow compared to 2.25. WHY?! :x

Come on lemmy, don’t start spamming again
It is not slow for me. If you use lots of physics, then it is slow. I know it is buggy, but they will be fixed.

i find it slow when closing the game engine with escape

I’m not spamming, I’m trying to find out why it’s slow. :wink:
Look:

Legacy of taro in 2.25:
Average 17 FPS
Everything works fine

Legacy of Taro in 2.34:
Average 5 FPS
You can’t see taro, the demons, or any other object with an IPO or armature, for that matter.
Lots of other bugs. %|

Yeah, physics sure suck up FPS.

know what i would do lemmy?
I would finnish the game in 2.25 and then start on a new game in 2.34
Becaus the newest version dosent work the same way as 2.25. Non of my games work better in 2.34 then 2.25

I’m not spamming, I’m trying to find out why it’s slow. :wink:
Look:

Legacy of taro in 2.25:
Average 17 FPS
Everything works fine

Legacy of Taro in 2.34:
Average 5 FPS
You can’t see taro, the demons, or any other object with an IPO or armature, for that matter.
Lots of other bugs. %|[/quote]
if you turn on the profile to see the fps it also shows what percentage of the time is going to different part of the game engine

the rasterizer is rendering, physics is self explanitory, logic also includes python scripts [and if are printing things out every frame will be a lot slower than it should be]

look at the profile, I’m curious how it is different in 2.34 than in 2.25 [or 2.23 or 2.33…]

likely, rasterizer will be less because of the frustrum culling, but physics could be more [and so could logic if you are trying to do things like use the blender module]

I’m sticking to 2.25, I’m disapointed with the newest release of the game engine, and I’m starting to doubt that there will ever be another release of the game engine that is stable, bug free and able to run games made in 2.25

Remember that Blender is a free program, so what can you expect?. Annyways, the 2.25 version works perfect, i think the New blender will work just as good and ever better soon. :wink:

Remember that Blender is a free program, so what can you expect?. Annyways, the 2.25 version works perfect, i think the New blender will work just as good and ever better soon. ;)[/quote]

Yeah! :smiley:

Hi gang, that was driving me nuts as well, but it seems like there is a problem with camers created in an erlier version not being able to see all the object when the file is opened in 2.34. Try replacing your camers.
It worked for me. BTW 2.34 rocks, IMO its mint. LOL
Bogey.

:-? Well no use complaining just yet. I would just stick with Norj’s idea of finishing the game in 2.25 and starting a new one in 2.34 or later versions. Lol, I’ll be a hyprocrite and complain a little too.

Although we could just easily finish the game in the version the we started making it in, it makes no sense that later versions of the game engine won’t be able to support it games made in the previous versions. It’ll make distributing games a lot harder and cause more trouble. It would be great if later releases of the game engine in blender will be able to run games created in earlier releases. :expressionless: Cause, I’ll never ever get to release my simple little game created in 2.33. Lol, 2.33 had a somewhat buggy blenderplayer, and the 2.34 runtime makes a .exe that gives me a KX_Error or something. COMPATIBILITY is the key.

Jason Lin

I had a similar problem with cameras. I have been using 2.33 for modelling (I love the new interface too much to use 2.25) then saving and testing in 2.25. When I dl’ed 2.34 last week and tried out my latest file the clipping on my camera wasn’t allowing me to see anything that was close up to the camera. All I did was check the settings on my camera and raised the clip start from 0.001 to 0.002 and everything worked fine.

EDIT: Well I came across this again with a different blend file. In this file I had a large scene so I had scaled the cameras I had up so they were easier to select when I wanted to add properties to them. Any scaling doesn’t allow me to see anything through any of the cameras. When I clear any sizing on them they work fine.

Allthough its not my main project, I decided to try and make v1 playable
in 2.34, and it seems that the camera bug is still there. It seemed to fix it in my main project, but now despite changing cliping values etc the dissapearing objects bug is back. I guess its conected to the new culling
code. I will check later to see if theres a bug report on blender org, and hopefully it will get fixed. For about six months my old tnt2 has been
slowly dying on me causing me all sorts of problems but It wasent until
I replaced it about a fortnight ago for a fx 5200 that I realised how bad it
was. I had thaught a lot of it was down to testing new builds. Any way
back to work.
Cheers,
Bogey.

What on earth is IMO?

I personally think that alpha sorting is really useful.

there is a big problem with pysics when transfering from 2.25 to 2.34 my pysics shoots up to 76% and takes the frame rate from 80 to 15

I really hope it will be fixed in the new version of blender. The logic bricks are the biggest problem of the low framerate. So it seams that a lot of bugs are running in the background, and need to be fixed. :smiley: Let’s hope we have a full running smooth game engine in blender 4.0 :smiley:

you guys know there are bug report forums to fill. :slight_smile: might help the devs out to know that there is a bug. and if you do post a bug. dont expect it to be fixed the next day. only one gameblender dev here. remember that. next time dont just make posts just to complain. find a way to tell the developers. also i encouage anyone that knows how to code to help out!

The biggest problem at I have with 2.34 is within my graphics card. It’s an ATI 7000 Radeon, the game engine works fine for me but there is a trick that I have to do to get to work. For the engine to run at a desent speed I have to turn my Hydravision off but when I do the GUI and rendering process slows down. Also it may help for some to disable your screen printouts completely (fps,debug,etc.) The engine may run slow on some pcs and it may run fine on others it all varies, that’s why you need to have a team of testers. Friends, family, or the people here on the message board to see just how it will run and the bugs that are blender’s or your own within your game.

In my opinion 2.34 is mint, but as everyone says, there are some bugs.
I slowley been converting v1, to try and narrow these down, aswell as
sort out a lot of mistakes I made when I origionaly wrote it.
One problem with invisable objects seems to be when there linked to another scene, ither the object or the add object activator. But I wanted to be sure before posting a bug report as unlinking can cause crashes aswell.
But at the same time Im trying with my pathetik python skills to control
it with the joystick.

Bogey