Why when i select a face it wont show the correpondent texture in the UV editor ???

Older versions of blender used to show you the texture that corresponded to that face…

now it doesnt update the image of the current face… say i had been working with another object and i was uv editing it…

if i go out of obj mode and edit another obj it wont update or show the corresponding texture…

any ideas?

So the face got material and that happens to have… say, 4 different textures out of 16 or so available slots. Which one you want blender to show you?

I Just got one, imge texture applied to it… so i just want that texture to be displayed…

the thing is if i go to work with other object when i go back the the previous obj, i got the current uv, but with the incorrect texture in the uv editor…

One doesn’t change that if you had more you had to choose anyways which to paint on. So i guess that’s why it’s still left for you to do.

Have you tried Texture Paint Layer Manager addon? While it still requires detour to edit mode and back to switch (automatically, based on which layer you choose to paint on) between images in UV editor, it helps keep things organized and allows to jump between objects returning right in front available image paint options.