Why Won't My Boole Work?

Hi All-

This is my first post here, woot. I’m getting pretty fluid with Blender but I still have enough head scratching moments that cause me hours of headache. This one in particular is driving me crazy…

I created a doorway threshold in a wall, cut the hole with a cube/boolean and all is good. But for some reason when I duplicate the whole thing and move it to another wall, then add a boole modifier to that wall, it just won’t work.

I’m trying to attach my blend file but I’m getting a “new users can’t upload files” popup. Bummer… I’ll post a Dropbox link in the comments. If someone could take a look I’d be forever grateful!

Cheers!

Here is the link to the project file:

Boolean don’t like overlapping faces, edges and vertices, it should be fixed in the next versions, for the moment you need to fix the problem, just move your boolean object a bit to avoid that (probably the bottom of your objects that are overlapping) and it works

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. I actually figured this out, but not articulated as such. I rebuild the scene and all was well until the same thing happened again on different geometry. I learned that if I nudge the geometry on either object the hole would blink in and out of existence. I had to find the sweet spot.

I used C4D for seven years before making the switch to Blender. C4D just doesn’t have these kinds of weird quirks, so I’m always a bit unprepared for them. Anyway, thanks again!