WIC#1 - Wheel

http://img118.exs.cx/img118/9057/WIC1_wheel.jpg

This is my entry for a Weekly Image Contest (WIC) over at Real Effects Studios and the topic is Wheel - I haven’t thought of a title yet but here is came up with!

It is slightly photo-realistic but since my work always fails at that i can’t say that it really is.

where do the bolts go?

.b

oh you never seen one of these wheels! :stuck_out_tongue:

actually they have wheels that the bolts mount on the backside (makes it harder for would-be criminals!) :wink:

nice pic. I should enter mine. :stuck_out_tongue: www.zachgmedia.com/Rimz.jpeg

Interesting looking wheels, but as basse so good to asked “where do the bolts go?”.

-Antiggo

Don’t formula one cars only have a single centre bolt? Also the Ferrari Enzo:

and 19-inch Z-rated Bridgestone Potenza Scuderia RE050A tires wrapped around single-bolt alloy wheels.

so the bolt goes in the hole in the middle.

For the competition, make sure to use a better quality compression. Also, if you didn’t use yafray and it’s allowed, which I’m sure it is, I would. It’ll give you better reflection/realism than the internal renderer. I’m basing that on renders I’ve seen.

doubt you noticed but i am the administrator over there…i can make all the rules i want! :stuck_out_tongue: Yes it is Yafray with a HDRI map and the bolts like the one guy said and i already stated mount through the center (that is how i designed them) or there are those that mount through the back with only three as to make them harder to take off…I chose the topic and if i wanted too i could have really done something special but i want to give the others over there a chance (alot of them are real beginners).

Hey if you want to start participating in the competitions (held every week just like here at elysiun all though our work time is alittle longer) then just join the forum! we would love to have anybody and everybody even if they are just for the competition! it would help broaden the field and allow us to start having the divisions instead of just having everyone participating…Read On

Looking forward to seeing you over there! :wink: