Wiggle bones (a jiggle bone implementation for 2.8)

the existing implementation of collisions didn’t really work and broke with further updates. i have been working on a much better version that has just been hamstrung by a few showstopping bugs and lack of time to polish it off. hopefully i will get it eventually!

2 Likes

Im using the 2.80 version as thats the right one correct?

unfortunately i believe depsgraph calls used in later versions of this add-on were added in 2.81. my mistake for not properly enforcing version checks (i’m relatively new to addons).

Sorry I’m new at this forum. So I deleted my post with missclick. I want to say you are hero and your work is amazing I can’t wait to see new relase. Hope you have a good day thanks again!

Hi, I believe this add-on cause crash in Blender 2.93.6 when adding keyframe on object visibility

Way to reproduce: Object property → Visibility → keyframe viewpots or renders → move a frame

According to the log, the crash is caused by wiggle_bones1_5_b20.py line 834 in jiggle_post

This addon is really good, hope get fixed soon

1 Like

yup you’re right! it seems to be tied to a piece of functionality i’d been playing with in that version of the addon that automatically resets the physics if the playhead skips too many frames (ie if you’re moving the playhead somehwere new, and you don’t want jiggle physics to go nuts). if you go to the top post here, the b16 version of the addon doesn’t seem to have that crash (and should behave mostly similar, preserving all your settings and whatnot)

1 Like

Like to point out that baking is broken in Blender 3.0

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\wiggle_bones1_5_b16.py”, line 889, in execute
track.strips.new(action.name, action.frame_range[0], action)
AttributeError: ‘bpy_prop_collection’ object has no attribute ‘new’

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\wiggle_bones1_5_b20.py”, line 925, in execute
track.strips.new(action.name, action.frame_range[0], action)
AttributeError: ‘bpy_prop_collection’ object has no attribute ‘new’

odd, i can’t replicate this on my end in 3.0 with either version of the addon you posted. your error appears to be specifically in the additive bake code which puts the existing animation on the rig as strip in the NLA, and then bakes the wiggle bones on a separate animation layer. if you want that result, you can always push your existing animation into the NLA manually and then bake normally.

Hey, long time no post :smiley: Just wanted to ask about some slightly odd behaviour with wigglebones. When the bones supposed to do a fast rebound to original position with a largeish Ampliturde Translation value, the bone seems to first jump outwards before performing the rebound. I’m guessing this isn’t a bug, but rather a quirk in the design?