Wii or PS3?

Which do you think is better - PS3 or Wii? :confused:
I’m not sure which one to get as several people have said the PS3 is better, but it’s a lot more expensive and doesn’t have as good a controller (I think).

Wii looks like interesting and fun but jumping and turning around with a remote in your hand is something I will find quickly annoying
PS3 is way to expansive for something that is focused only on games. I’d rather spend 600bucks on my PC.

What about the 360? I believe you should at least consider it. PS3, 360 or Wii

PC FTW :smiley:

I think I’ll go for Wii. Why? Well I happen to like some of the nintendo games and I have pretty much always bought only nintendo consoles.

Wii. Its cheaper!

I’m never in a hurry, so when the prize has dropped a bit I’ll definatly go for the PS3.

Except for the GBA SP no Nintendo is allowed in my house. NEVER, I TELL YOU! haha

I’ve got a 360 and am not tempted to buy another console unless they provide an at least equal if not better online service.

Def get the Wii. Sony has a big problem with lying and screwing the little guy. I got a psp and the screen was broken already, they didn’t replace it; which I don’t know why they didn’t but they didn’t. I’m never buying another sony product again.

Plus it’s about the games right, which is what the wii is all about. Not only is it cheaper, alot more fun, but has better games. If you look almost all of the wii games are wii only games. I can’t tell enough about how much I’m pumped about using that thing as a katana. Also on a further note, you don’t have to jump around swinging like a mad man with an axe. Those are just promotional shots. Simple movements with the wrist are good.

Also think about the long run. PS3 games are expected between $50-$60, The Wii is expected from $30-$50. That’s a big difference my friend. Plus free online play!!!

oh and don’t forget the virtual console! With the best games from nintendo and sega’s past.

And here’s a big thing, think of this if those prices are true then you could buy a Wii plus 5 games for the price of the cheapest PS3. Probably more. Or buy 3 games plus an extra controller or two.

(Here’s a breakdown)

PS3 = 600 or 500

game1 = 60

game2 = 60

game3 = 60

game4 = 50

game5 = 50

Total = 880 or 780 !!!

Wii = 250

game1 = 50

game2 = 50

game3 = 50

game4 = 40

game5 = 35

total = 475 (less then the starting price of the cheapest PS3)

I’m buying a Wii at launch for the games/curiosity factor and (maybe) get a PS3 next year but not until after I’ve bought a HDTV.

Although I’m hooked on Tetris DS so I don’t know when i’ll get time to play them.

And here’s a big thing, think of this if those prices are true then you could buy a Wii plus 5 games for the price of the cheapest PS3.
Good point.

it’s about the games right, which is what the wii is all about
Another good point.
At the moment I think I might get a Wii, as not only is it cheaper but most of the games I want to get are only going to be released on the Wii (Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc).

I’d rather spend 600bucks on my PC.

The thing is, if you use a computer for games it normally has to be either incredibly expensive and powerful, or used ONLY for games, as most new games use massive amounts of memory.

Neither, instead, I’ll just buy up everyones old XBOX’s that they sell to fund the new consoles and expand my Knoppix/Blender farm :))

J

The Piii has a few games that get my interest, but not many.

But I’m not going to buy any of the new consoles until I save enough money to buy my NES.

The Piii
I suppose someone had to make a joke about that…
sniggers

Ya gotta admit… “Wii” is not exactly the name YOU’d give to your brand new gaming console :wink:

Ya gotta admit… “Wii” is not exactly the name YOU’d give to your brand new gaming console :wink:

True. It probably worked better in Japan, where they came up with the name, but you’d think Nintendo of Europe would have said something before the name was finalised…

Also think about the long run. PS3 games are expected between $50-$60, The Wii is expected from $30-$50. That’s a big difference my friend. Plus free online play!!!
hummm… PS3 has it too.

for the choice between the Wii and the PS3

I’d say that it depend how you play. if you play a lot alone in your house or you play with many friends.

because i would not see jumping around alone. it is like for the PS2 the eyetoy and singstar. I don’t play these by myself but only when my friends are around.

The Wii probably will be better to play with friends. But I personaly think that the PS3 will be good for both.

But the main thing is games… what games do you want. you should make your choice based on that.

If I am going to buy a concole. I am probably gonna go for a PS3 because there are so many good games(IMO). But I will not buy it at lounch though because it is too expencif

Definatley the PS3, for it’s exclusive titles, unparrelel technological superiority, and for the amazing online service, the blu ray player, the pre-installed linux, and all the other features…

You get what you pay for.

What’s the blu ray player?

it is a player that plays blu rays…

blu ray are like normal CD’s or DVD just a single layer can go up to 25 gb so make the math for a dual layer…

it might be the future of movies…

Ah, right!
Sounds quite cool, actually.

As far as I’ve heard, you don’t have to make the extreme movements you see in the trailers and commercials.

So you’ll never get to play Ocarina of Time? ):

What makes you say it has “unparralel technological superiority”? Everything I’ve heard lately indicates that it’ll barely be stronger than the 360. And on what basis do you deem its online service amazing?