Wiki manual is getting amazing!

I came here to say my thank you very much for the people who is writing the wiki. It is almost complete.:slight_smile:

My wish is to start making a PDF (or several, separated by themes) of the wiki.
I ask some advice to the gurus about what themes are going to be keeped unaltered (or almost) so i can start.
If some of you have access to the wiki server that can make some ZIP files of the online manual separated by themes (Introduction, Interaction in 3D, Scene Management, etc…) it will give me a big help.:slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

p.s. If a new Blender Manual in book format is being made, please say, because this work will be unnecessary. Thank you!

p.s. If a new Blender Manual in book format is being made, please say, because this work will be unnecessary. Thank you!

There is a new introductory book being put together at the moment. Also, most of the Summer of Documentation texts are already available in PDF (at least the ones that were finished last I checked).

I don’t know whether or not this book will include material that’s currently on the wiki.

Thank you for your answer, bugman_2000. 180 view the thread and you’re the only one that answer. I think i’ve got the message.

I made the BSOD PDF’s, except the Ryan Dale’s Character Animation (he made it himself), and i’m waiting for the rest to be complete to make them to.

Thank you again.

Oh! Well then thank you! I think it’s really great to have that material in a nice offline form. I was really pleased to see that.

I had been hoping that the BSOD stuff would be put out in a book, but I have no idea of what the current book plans entail.

Say, where can I find those. Hate the wiki. It’s only useable if you actually have internet at home.

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BSoD

This is the first time I’ve realised BSoD means ‘Blender Summer of Documentation’ and not ‘Blue Screen of Death’. The mist of ignorance slowly recedes…

Thanks for the link :smiley:

MADCello: There is an automatic script that takes my updates and posts it to a consolidated file for downloading. I don’t know where it is exactly, because I never use it, but you should be able to find it from the main wiki page. It is for intermittent Internet users and offline browsing.

And you are very welcome; I am very glad you appreciate our work. It takes a lot of time and patience, and lots of rewrites and experiments and making examples.

There are books coming out in many languages; I know French for sure - see BlenderNation. Also spanish. And there are wiki authors for many languages, but there is always a lag in translation. Books and paper print is very slow and expensive, and is fading as a medium for rapidly changing things like Blender.

There are books coming out in many languages; I know French for sure - see BlenderNation. Also spanish.

Well, if that quote doesn’t cry out for a shameless plug, I don’t know what does. There’s this one coming out in English too: