Will 2.5 enable sounds to be played as scripts run?

Does anyone know if Blender 2.5 will make this possible? If scripting is as all-encompassing as promised then surely the necessary api calls will be available to achieve this.

The thing is… I was just thinking how great it would be to play the “Jaws” tune or the “Close Encounters” tune whilst a script was running and cooking up some interesting stuff. Completely pointless and superficial, of course, and possibly slightly annoying too, but pretty great all the same. :slight_smile:

Heh, window 95 sound when Blender starts :slight_smile:

I don’t know anything about py API programming, but it should be pretty simple to add that ability and I already talked to Campbell about it and he said, he might look into it, if he has some time, but I guess that’s not too soon :smiley:

Well there’s no rush. I just thought it would be a nice feature for an open source application to have. It’s interesting that this is a feature request that is being considered.

Something that’s lacking in most commercial apps is a sense of wonder and suspense. Also a sense of achievement in the smallest sense. “request failed” or “error” or whatever is common currency, but what about “Sucess”–> Tatda! or “Nice one!” when everything runs without problems.

I’m not saying that people should be complimented with moving a vertex, but setting up a whole scene to a given specification should be worthy of a audio confirmation.

This should be configurable so that it doesn’t get in the way, but would be an interesting feature nonetheles.

(Success = “Ping!” (But not one of those cheesy, lousy Windows pings!! Something with a whole load more personality.)) :smiley: