Wind Area Limit

Ok, everyone…

I need to make a scene where wind goes trough a half-open window and blow the curtains inside. I made the scene and the wind is affecting all the curtain, from the top to the bottom, like there is no wall, window and stuff.

The question is: how do I specify some limitation to the wind? To make it blow only in a certain area, like when you’re blowing through a straw, it goes out in a cone form or something like that. Hope you guys understand and help me out. Is there any difference between an empty emitter and a mesh emitter?

Thanks in advance,

Thiago

Everyone clueless? No one to help?

C’mon, guys, help me here!

(Where’s Fligh % when I need him most? ; ) )

Have you tried adjusting the MaxDist parameter on your wind emitter? It’s mostly trial and error getting these things to look right.

Use 3 small (lower value) wind objects (empties and objects are the same as they emmit from the object center) arranged along the side away from the wall rather than one big wind object.

%<

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:40 pm Post subject: No clues? No one?
Everyone clueless? No one to help?

C’mon, guys, help me here!

Calm down, people dont have to help you, we are spending out own time out of kindness and a willingness to give something to the community. You only gave us an hour and a half.

Plus, I only picked this up by chance, most of the time I just check the posts with no answers, assuming the others have been answered. Best to leave it for a while.

Anyway.

Use the “max distance” and falloff in the wind settings. This isnt perfect, but it will make it better.

Second, I’m sure you can use vertex painting to adjust the weights for interaction with softbodies.

To save having to recalculate loads of times, use particles to see whats being affected, that way you can very quickly see the effect of changes, and then you can try it with the curtain.

It may be possible to code in a cone wind effect, the ease of this would depend on the current implementation. When I get some time I will start looking at the code, I might have a shufty to see what I can do.

Ian

IanC, Fligh %, thanks so much.

Sorry about the rush, I need really this to be done in a minimal amount of time. But, anyway, that had some bit of a joke too. :wink:

And, IanC, if you really could code this effect, that would be just great.

Thanks again, I’ll try the suggestions right now.

Sorry, no sleep + annoying uni work = snappy ian.

And, IanC, if you really could code this effect, that would be just great.

Don’t get your hopes up, hehe. I might have a crack at it sometime, though my todo list is enormous.

Ian