Wind Blowing curtain in game [How?] [I GIVE UP]

]Hi all,

I’m trying to create a room with a window open and wind moving the curtains.

I made the curtain and added the cloth physics and wind and it playes the animation well. That is where I got stuck ! How do I integrate it in the game? (been looking all afternoon, hoping to find a big BAKE button :spin:)

How should I go about doing that?

Both of those threads seem to shun Soft Body physics types - and for a full cloth Sim I probably would, too - but for a flag or curtain it can come out nice. You will have to apply force to it on your own (probably in python), but it is not tricky otherwise.

-rking

Can’t you just just bake a cloth simulation and play the baked action in game? The only down side is that nothing else could interact with the curtain.

soft-body game engine curtains:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11542084/curtain.blend

this might get you started.

Soft Body it is ! That did get me Started Martinsh and its simple to do. tnx

@Crumpet , i was looking for a 1+1 =… way to achieve it , and those treads were even more confusing.

That was what i was trying to do. I just didn’t know how. i still don’t know how Mobious. ( i do want to know)

I gave up on the Curtains, It keeps crushing.
Anyway, I’m almost done with texturing and I’ll upload the .blend file and hope you guys will let me know on ways I can improve. Till then … here are my screen shots.

To be honest a little bit work and it looks a lot better than Renderings I used to do with ArchiCAD. I’m Loving Blender!