Windows Tablet changes (Testers Needed: Wacom, Huion, XP-Pen, etc.)

I need help making sure that changes to Blender’s tablet handling doesn’t break existing behavior. The test is just to ensure pressure works for Windows Ink for as many tablets as possible.

The build below intentionally disables Wintab to simplify the test.

Questions for testers

1. What tablet do you have (e.g. Wacom Bamboo)?

2. Is Windows Ink enabled in your tablet preferences (see image below).

3. With your currently installed Blender, if you set Blender’s Tablet API to Windows Ink (requires restart) and draw with Annotate (or Grease Pencil) does pressure work?

4.With this build, if you set Blender’s Tablet API to Windows Ink (no restart necessary) and draw with Annotate (or Grease Pencil) does pressure work?
- If there is no pressure, is your tablet set to mouse mode?

Hi Nicholas,

1. Huion Camvas 13
  2. It’s enabled
  3. Pressure works
  4. The pressure works

Happy Coding!

1. Huion H950p
  2. Enabled.
  3. Blender 2.91, windows Ink API - pressure work, but the 2 shortcut buttons on the pen didn’t work.
  4. The pen pressure and the shortcut buttons are working fine!

I also checked Wintab on a recent 2.92 build and it’s working fine, I was having some problems on an earlier build but it seems to be fixed now.

Can you add windows ink to last official 2.79 build?

I run the latest Blender on Pop OS (Ubuntu 20.10 based) on a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Gen 3 Tablet which uses the kernel drivers and works well with Krita, which is what I use the pen for and occasionally testing touch in Godot. Am I right in assuming that this is for Windows drivers only? Asking as I would love to see an improved touch interface/GUI for Blender without having to rely on mouse and keyboard, which kind of defeats the object of using my PC in tablet mode. The only thing touch does is one finger box select, no touch keyboard, no pinch to zoom, no nothing. Pen works with sculpting, painting and grease pencil, but I have to have my keyboard and mouse attached to do anything, so just plug in my Wacom instead…

So…

1. XP-Pen Deco 02 pentablet
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Yes

HTH

Looks like answer is yes its only for windows. But if he drops wintab, pen pressure will stop working in linux.

Changes to Wintab should not effect Blender on Linux.