Windows XP performance issues

(Xampersand) #1

I’m getting ready to buy a new computer system. Since many of the programs I need to use are windows based, I’ll be sticking with a microsoft OS.

My question is, should I go with Win2000 or XP? I seem to recall that early on, blender did not work well with XP.

PLEASE NOTE: I’m asking for help here, not a huge influx of flames about how lousy MS products are and why Linux is better, etc. :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

(Eric) #2

I thought about writing a very clever reply about how lousy M$ products are and why Linux is better but then I read the rest of your post, so I’ll just stop right here ok? :slight_smile:

(BgDM) #3

Well, I have been using Win XP Pro for about 1 year now with no problems running Blender at all.

With that being said, I am seriously considering switching to a Linux platform, but I just need to read up on it a lot more before I do that.

Sorry, but Windows sucks. I have had my limit with MS software. The only reason I use it now is for work, because all of the forms and letterhead are Office based and I have to use them, cause it is pretty much industry standard.

BgDM

(dreamsgate) #4

I use XP Home, and have never had a problem with blender, or anything else for that matter.

(Piraniac) #5

I’m no microsoft fan, but XP seems ok now they ironed out most of the bugs. Blender certainly works fine, as long as your system can handle XP.
Actually the only major problem i’ve had with XP was actually with a microsoft piece of software! :slight_smile:

(Xampersand) #6

Thanks all, for your input!

Dude, I’m gonna get a Dell!