WIP: 3D Sokoban Clone (Update: April 11, 2007 Alpha demo added)

I like pretty much everthing. cool,textures,models,level, animations, atmosphere… etc.

-cept in the menu the text is all very big…and exactly the same size as the name of the game… as a general graphic design rule that applies to type/fonts layout, you can vary the size/colour of fonts/text based on their level of importance… when all the fonts/text is the same size you can’t tell what’s more important or less important… so everything is vying for the same amount of attention… which = hard to read… your font is pretty hard to read but games are more creative so design is more important sometimes than funtionality… I think it suits the game…

I would have your name nice and big… followed by the menu fonts in a smaller size… basically the importance rating goes from large (very important… heading/name) to medium (lesser importance-- body text) to small (least important–page numbers or something else related to game menus)… if you can’t vary the size for design reasons/restrictions you can always change the colour instead… (the change in font size must be visually noticeable ie. you can tell that the one font is big and the other is small just by glancing at it)

what’s really cool is that this applies to 3d design too… which you’ve already done in the game level… nice sense of scale happening there.

If you haven’t guessed by now, yes, I’m a graphic designer sigh…:slight_smile: also the menu select bar is the same size as the game name… I would make that slightly smaller too.
It’s just something worth keeping in mind when doing layouts with text.:yes:

---->great game… enjoyed figured out how to move the things about…

the robot is adorable, I love the textureing :slight_smile:

a note on the walkcycle(1-30)…

if it is possible, I would start him walking on either frame 10 or 11, where he has contact with the right heel.
, and shrink the walk cycle down to 10-15 frames (or make him move slower)

I like the new texturing… much shaper than before, and a consistent scale.
If I where to change any texture scale, it would only be the floor right under the player…
in real life you can only see so much detail at a distance…

I dunno… perhaps some khaki-green fog would add to the depth here… not much, just a light mist…

I especialy like the menu effects, and font…

all in all, nice work :slight_smile:

Hey that Demo rocks!

Congratulations Blendenzo and Clean 3D.

Sadly, the game is not working stable inside my system. I guess AMD and Nvidia is not a nice combo under windows XP. After some gaming Blender is just kicked out :mad:.

I will perform some tests under my Ubuntu partition and give another feedback later on.

Your logic setup is very dificult to me to understand, but the game looks solid.

I liked the style very much. Probably i would buy the final version.

I like that little robot. He has a personality.

Your demo level–the way that everything fits together is impressive. It looks and feels like a commercial product.

The controls are smooth and easy to use. And the most important thing, it was fun .

On my computer–WinXP, P4 3GHz, gig of ram, ATI graphics–with Enable All Frames on and at full screen, it runs at a solid 95 frames per second.

1 Like

Very nice!! What strikes me first is the bright colors on the dark backdrop. If nothing else, this makes the game (exciting?) even just to look at. Then, when you play the game, it has good little animations (I love the egg flower…thing) and a good over all feel to it.

That’s comin’ along real nice.

One suggestion: would you be able to slide the objects (animation) instead of them just jumping from one coordinate to another? I know they need fixed positions, but it would be nice if they had smooth transitions. Not a biggy though!

~~Stu

very nice

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

LOL - second time I got that…

now this is some old stuff…

then don’t dig it up!

Oh my word. What a useless bump, this was the oldest thread in the GE forums…

Haha! Wow… I thought this was like… new, since I’m new I guess. It is a nice game though…

the mother of all necros! this thread is… well old… and me posting isn’t exactly helping the situation… move along, nothing to see here.