WIP: A literal splash screen

I’m not going to be entering officially, as I can’t travel at this timeframe

but I want to recreate this splash screen from early in my blender journey:

I was looking back at my history, and I discovered the first time I used blender, it wasn’t even open source. it’s been a wild 22 years.

My goal is to reproduce it fully in geometry nodes.

9 Likes

Good luck! You can probably replicate it fairly easily with volume points and some distribution techniques.

3 Likes

Ooo, the more in depth you go about geo nodes the better. I’d love to learn about them.

1 Like

I’ll do my best to document what I come up with, and share the files also.

1 Like

I love that! I thought about that with Mike Pan’s old Default Cubism splash; that was such a fun period of time in Blender, and today we’d all instead be doing those giant modifier stacks through a single Geometry Nodes modifier

Hey, is this your Sketchfab acct? If not, would you pls post a link to it? I wanna follow you there.

It is! I forgot I had one of those, haha.

2 Likes

Hey! As we’re entering the final days of the challenge, I’d like to give you some helpful tips to make sure you can successfully complete your entry. Please see my new post on the FAQ topic.

I know you’re not officially competing, but otherwise make sure to get it on Sketchfab by Thursday, September 15, and tag it #bcon22challenge!

1 Like

Hey! Just a quick reminder that there’s now less than 12 hours remaining to wrap up your challenge entry - submissions close at 2022-09-15T21:59:00Z, GMT+1 (click on the link for some international times).

If you haven’t done so already, please review this post which contains some essential information for preparing your submission.

At the very least, upload your work to Sketchfab as soon as possible and add the #bcon22challenge tag.

It’s also a good idea to add a link to your WIP topic in the description of your Sketchfab model so we can easily find it.

I’ll also keep a close eye on the FAQ topic today, so if you have any issues or questions please post it there as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Since I haven’t been able to find time for this in the time of the competition, I am moving this topic to the regular WIP category. I do intend to get back to this at some point, but now is not the time for me.