[WIP][Add-on] Loop split

Hi guys! I want to show you the first results from the new script I’m developing. It is intended to add a faceloop at each side of an edge loop the user selects. This would be useful for subdivision modeling, where adding loops to sharp edges takes a good part of the modeling time. This add-on, when finished, should save a lot of time and give more precision to the added loops.
But lets watch a simple video to explain better.
[video]http://youtu.be/0Sq7N82lzp8[/video]

I tell you now that I’m intentioned to not give the final add-on for free, but I’ll provide a demo version for free, with limited features. The complete version will be given for 9 euros, and the 50% of the earnings will be devolved to the foundation. Hope you understand me!

See you soon for updatings.

Pretty slick. Looking forward to the updates

Looks awesome and very usable!

I only want to chime in with a note of negativity on the payware aspect. I know people need to put food on the table, but I get slightly chafed when someone will add a single stone on top of a mountain of free work then charge for it.

Maybe I am alone in feeling this way.

-rking

yeah, dunno where I stand on that. A topic for another thread probably.

Somebody made me having a doubt: can someone else tell me if there is some tool like the one I’m developing that is in development with the new b-mesh tools? It would be sad if I develop this while someone else is already developing the same thing. Is there a list of the next tools?

i would strongly suggest to make it free
cause most of scripts done around are free

unless you plan working on a very complicated and very time consumming project !

but even then if you do someone else might come up with another free script anyway

but it’s up to you!

salutations

I’ll provide a free version, which will be enough for hobbyst. If I’ll be able to complete the script the way I have in mind, you would spend even more than 9 euros to have it (if you are one who models every day in subdivision modeling). If you do it as job, 9 euros are nothing considering the time you’ll save. And considering that 5 of that 9 euros will help the foundation. I think there’s nothing anti-etic in this.

I only hope to be able to complete all the functions I have in mind.

I tell you now that I’m intentioned to not give the final add-on for free, but I’ll provide a demo version for free, with limited features. The complete version will be given for 9 euros, and the 50% of the earnings will be devolved to the foundation. Hope you understand me!

That’s a great idea. Then you can donate most of it to blender, who provided the free tools, so they can develop more free tools. =)

Hi! A first interactive version. In future regulation will be made with mouse movement and numbers typing, and more situation will be handled. But I think this could explain the idea.

Very nice. Very useful. Hopefully the B community will benefit from your time and efforts.
Seems like a good tool for rounding edges, good control, etc.

I’d use it, definitely.

awesome, superior! I think that this is perfect for the free version!when you will upload it? we all need it!

I’m glad you like it!
Actually it has too many bugs, and if it crash corrupts the mesh, and makes blender crash. So it needs some other corrections and some addictional functions, also for the free version.

Some new features added.
https://youtu.be/MPKq3_qqyxY

Still not usable for production and geometrical corrections needed.

See you soon!

Very nice tool, will keep an eye on it!
Cheers! :slight_smile: