WIP: Aurora Thunder Jet Chassis and track

Here are some models I am working on in Blender. The Chasis is based off of the actual toy Slot Car and US Pattent documents. The designs have been in Public Domain since 1983. I need to texture/bumpmap the track and place in the connecting pieces that join each track piece. I started the project about 2 years ago and have been working on it only for a few hours total. All vertice points on the chassis are scripted to form the actual dimentions from blueprints. All parts are seperate models. I am holding off on the holes for the motor and axels until the end so I don’t create a bunch of extra pollygons.

Attachments

1 Like

More simple renders.

Hi. Did you consider sharing this model? I’m asking because i want to design a slot car and this would help me very much.
Regards.

Jorge

Wow, 7 years old post. I dont have the files any more. These were based on an “Aurora Thunderjet 500” slot car that is patented and copyrighted from the 70’s. You will be better off creating a design from scratch to avoid any copyright or patent infringements. Start with the slot car scale you want to work with, in the US 1:87 (HO) scale is popular, but the rest of the world is more into 1:32 scale. Then go from there.

Yes, i know is an old post, but i keep files from 30 yars ago. You never know. :). I’m not afraid of copyright infringements, because i’m going to use it personally, as a reference for slot car design, wich will be mounted over legit licenced aurora chassis. Thanks for your time, Jorge.