[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

I tested other methods. It was crooked and slow.
The update is likely to be (tests were conducted to accelerate the different stages.)

If there are requests for improving the add-on: write in this thread.

Yes there is one from me:
When i use extreme high relax values and i make a new bevel, where extreme arent needed, i must wait minutes to reset the addon

A workaround would help ilya

Perhaps start in non activated modus?

Maybe i’am stupid, but I cant find a download Link?

Perhaps i’am Blind, but i can’t find a downloadlink?

@Hammerfist: at the bottom of the very first post, under the videos, and under the basic usage and edit summary, there is an Attachment to the message, called “boolean_bevel_v_0_1_0(2).py.zip”. Download that ^_^.

hi Ilya,
at first, happy new year!! :slight_smile:

for second, any news on this side? :stuck_out_tongue:

if it can be usefull, on Archipack addon you can find some input for better offsetcode :slight_smile:

could’t get the addon to work normally :confused: does it work on the 2.79 ?

After i use the booleen modifier, i clic on the the Bevel of the addon and here’s the result

Works with 2.79.

So? What’s the problem?
Assuming you’re not a noobie in Blender and are aware of common courtesy when asking for help :eyebrowlift:

Very good, A few days ago I bought a popular addon, but this one does bevel on boolean way 
 way better.

Sorry for that, i tend to whrite a minimum possible because my english is bad, but it’s no excuse.
As you can see in the screenshot i dont get the bevels when i click on the bevel button, the videos didn’t help me.
If someone could help, it would be awesome, thanks

You need a higher resolution of the meshes. (Simple) subsurf first before boolean. Maybe 3 levels.
After that maybe a decimate (planar) modifier once finished.

For me it works in 2.79. You may be working with primitives without subdivision. Addon works best with large divisions. see previous pages! You can use subdivision surface along with bevel modifiers.

I apologize for not answering. (holidays) (Happy New Year !!!)

The update will be. I’m not sure when, but it sure will.
At least I’ll duplicate some of the settings in the T-panel (so that I can set important settings in advance) and change the algorithm a little.
If there are ideas on the functions that you would like to see. Write. If there is an opportunity I will try to implement them.

Happy to see that this thread remains alive. This is a great tool and its abandonment would be a serious loss for the modeling side of Blender. So, let everyone share their ideas about ways that it can be enriched further. Ilya, is eager to hear the ideas
 it is a great opportunity to have such a tool able to do much more things!

That helped, thanks !

Why it’s removing all my modifiers?

Add-on applies modifiers.
This is necessary for the correct work of Add-on with Mesh.
This Add-on is not dynamic

Thanks for replay :slight_smile:

Hello there, the addon isn’t working in the latest master test builds (2.79.2) with the error “BooleanModifier object has no attribute ‘solver’”. This is all connected to carve solver being removed from boolean modifier if i’m correct ( https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-February/049090.html )

Can we have an update for this problem? :>