[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

add-ons

(aMars) #501

There’s no addon used here, I just posted (part of) the method he described as a gif.

As for the rest of your questions: idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Rodinkov Ilya) #502

If you’re talking about it - [Add-on][WIP]Bevel after Boolean
That this is the probe of the part of the add-on of the other method

(Fatesailor) #503

Well, maybe it is my personal problem -a personal difficulty to understand the process- but either way I have to ask! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I feel the need of a step by step instruction of what it is required to do after coming to the point which the image below shows. I am using the new ‘wip bevel after boolean’ and have such an offset cut… then? Then how do I proceed? This is the thing that I still do not understand.

Offset%20question

(Rodinkov Ilya) #504

I already wrote that these are 2 completely different algorithms. They are not connected either. Why are you trying to use an old (incorrectly working file) with a new algorithm?

(Fatesailor) #505

Now things became even more complex! :sweat_smile:

Which is the latest file -which has the new algorithm- and how do we use it? How do we achieve a beveling after boolean-ing with it? About this, exactly, I need to be instructed. :smiley:

(Rodinkov Ilya) #506

I have not uploaded this file yet.
It is in the process of development.

(Fatesailor) #507

Oh, now finally understood! I was just beginning to feel very dumb indeed! :rofl:

So, waiting for the add-on! Keep the good work! :smiley:

(djwaterman) #508

I figured I’d post this here since I used the your add-on for most of it. I wanted to do something more specific with Bevel after Boolean than just abstract test shapes and these odd characters are the result.

Of course the topology is awful but that wasn’t the exercise.

(pafurijaz) #509

Hi, and great script and progress, a couple weeks a go I started following this thread, but it’s complicated follow the evolution, it might be appropriate to create a documentation and a link, with the latest version of script in the first message, or find another solution that highlights the latest developments.

(Fatesailor) #510

Good try DJwaterman! :smiley:

As to the topology do not bother yourself with it, the topology that such tools give is not a sds kind topology. Their topology is final somehow, it can not be edited further. The needed thing is the meshes’ looking good in rendering (as in the rendering you posted). Such tools (as is Meshfusion or Hardmesh as well) are not for producing characters to be animated (in such a case you have to retopologize them), they are mainly for producing static objects… and in that area they do the work perfectly!

Bevel after boolean is great indeed… hope that we will have further news about it. In its present form it has some limitiations, if those limitations can be dealt with it will make Blender go to quite another level regarding its hard surface modeling abilities!

(Rodinkov Ilya) #511

Write what you do not understand. I will try to explain.

(pafurijaz) #512

First of all I did not say I do not understand, I said it’s complicated to follow the evolution! Here are 511 answers when I write, and the script continues to evolve, from message to message making it difficult to find what the latest version is, then now there is in the last replies, a new script for the bevel, so here there is confusion. :wink:

(Rodinkov Ilya) #513

I apologize. I’m using Google translate. And I do not always correctly understand the questions asked. In the cap does not indicate the latest version, because they are test version add-on.

Edit:
Updated the first post (cap)

(Fatesailor) #514

Pafurijaz I do strongly suggest that you download and use the 0_0_9 version (it is in the bottom of the first message of the present thread)… as far as I have seen from my experiments it is the best working one.

(rombout) #515

Super cool, was busy with a small scene yesterday and run into this problem. Tried a little google and ended up here. THe vids look very promoising, i hope it works as good as in your vids.

Thanks for the time making this!

(rombout) #516

I run into this issue where it says “object does not have a boolean”. When i check the code, your error catching looks in the list of modifiers and spits out the error if the last one isnt a bool operator.

Yet in my case if have a subsurf as last, that prevented a bit having messed up mesh. Why not loop through the list and if it doesnt find a bool mod, than spit out this error?

(Rodinkov Ilya) #517

Because in this algorithm, Boolean must be the last modifier.

(Fatesailor) #518

Have a look to the link below (it is in the ‘finished works’ section of the forum). There is a work made almost totally with Bevel after boolean.

Btw, Ilya… any news? Any progress with the new ways of bevelling you mentioned?

(Rodinkov Ilya) #519

At the moment there are no updates.
Also, the next month will also not be (I will not have access to a computer and the Internet)

(Fatesailor) #520

So we have to wait! Hope that you will not abandon the add-on… it is a great tool indeed, someone can do so many things with it! Things that are very difficult to do through the standard ways of modelling!