[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

add-ons

(Fatesailor) #782

Hey, how did you achieve such a thing Ilya? Some explanation? You added something new to the add-on? :hushed:

(AFWS) #783

Yeah, being a vertex group it only places strips on existing lines. This is also why it fails at angles. I’m trying to learn c/c++ and see what I can come up with for a new modifier. I have figured out how to “copy” a existing modifier. Now I’m trying to understand how the coding part of modifers work. I have some ideas to test, if I can figure the coding part.

(AFWS) #784

@Fatesailor

I’m getting close to something. It’s not 100% like the video. Would need several operators to do this, one to “prep” the mesh for the surface strips, one to create new surface strips, and one to finally confirm the created surface strips.

(Fatesailor) #785

Those are good tries AFWS. Keep experimenting, something nice may come out from it. We have to see Ilya’s way of dealing with the issue of course -as it seems, from the image he sent, he did find a way to proceed towards having the strips feature in BAB too- but we have to wait for a reply from him. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Rodinkov Ilya) #786

This is done in version 0.2.3

(Fatesailor) #787

And how did you do it? I have never been able to achieve such a thing with the existing versions! How did you make the lines crossing each other so orderly (offering themselves for unified extrusions)?

(Tosky) #788

Could you link the .blend with the two assets showed from your pics, please?

(AFWS) #789

surface_strips_example.zip (3.6 MB)