[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

!!!TESTS_VERSION!!!
wire toogle before beveling.
Stop calc before beveling.
All Booleans - create bevel for all booleans in object.
Slice - add slice object .
Bounds off - Off Bounds for selected objects.

bab_v_0_2_7_1_tests.py (36.6 KB)

Fixed one, broke another

2 Likes

bab_v_0_2_7_2_tests.py (36.8 KB)

3 Likes

The ‘wire’ and the ‘bounds off’ options, in the small initial tab of the add-on, are great. They are doing the work very well. I do not understand, however, what is the ‘all booleans’ checkbox for.

Btw, why did you put the ‘slice’ option in the small initial tab? Its place is in the big tab, where all the boolean kind options are (as it was in older versions and was working fine). In the present version the slice is not working properly. The cutting object remains bad formed after the operation.

Also, it is impossible to symmetrize objects after the operations done with the add-on. The symmetrizing command refuses to work on them (let say here that in an older version there was in the tab of the add-on an easily accessible symmetrize command -with all its options- too… it would be good to have it again).

Still experimenting with it… will report if there are further findings…

If the object has several modifiers boolean. add-on will create bevel on all with the same settings (except for operation)

It’s so much easier for me

What do you mean ?

1 Like

‘All booleans’… understood (I would never find it by my self :smiley: ).

As to the ‘slice’… will explain it tomorrow.

test01.blend (116.1 KB)

test02.blend (179.7 KB)

Для этого он не предназначен.

Добавьте ребро по середине проема.
И уже упоминалось раз 100. Add-on не для lowpoly

Ilya I am not finding the way to do the ‘slice’ operation. I am not understanding which are the steps to be taken for achieving it. I tried many methods but in vain, nothing happens. The only thing that happens is a usual boolean slice cut. So, what are the steps to be followed for applying beveling on the two halves that appear as a result (as happened quite naturally with the older versions of BAB)? Can you make a small video showing it please?

I had no any such problem in previous versions where the ‘slice’ option was in the same place where all the other boolean kind options were in the tab of BAB. I was always making a ‘union’ (with Blender’s native brush booleans) and then pressing ‘bevel’ (in BAB)… and after making the beveling I was going to the boolean kinds option (inside BAB’s tab) and selecting there the ‘slice’ option. So everything was ok. Now why this irregularity with the ‘slice’ option?

сделал хай поли, добавил сегменты в проеме.

В проеме, а не снаружи. Подразделите вычетаемый объект.
И у вас огромный масштаб. Это тоже может давать ошибки.

2 Likes

Ilya any news? The normals transfer issue?

As to the thing that I did mention regarding the ‘slice option’ is to have it between all the other boolean operation kinds in the tab of BAB (as it was in older versions). I am putting an image below showing what do I mean:

BAB%20related

This is a test version. At this stage it is more convenient for me. After the test version, the button will be in place.

Later. I will rewrite some of the code.

Also began to slowly learn c++. If there are successes, I will rewrite some functions to it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the swift answering Ilya. The slice option was an option that I used very often, so I felt the need to ask about it again.

c++ you say.
So we can expect faster and maybe deeply integrated plugin?

1 Like

I just started learning c ++. And not the fact that something can come of it. I did not speak about integration.

Возможно ли сделать реализацию этого аддона в виде модификатора? Или это не возможно? Как mesh fusion в modo.

1 Like

Shut up and talk in English please

1 Like

Maybe he has a difficulty in speaking English Brothermechanic. That’s not to say that he should not participate to the discussion here. And after all it is not something so difficult to copy paste what he says to Google translate. Google’s translations from Russian to English are quite good. I too am not someone who speaks Russian but I do understand very easily what he says through the method I mentioned.

Btw, expressions as ‘shut up’ are too harsh. Let preserve politeness please. It matters.

5 Likes

exactly :+1:

1 Like