[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

I think the first option is better, but I can make an extra button :slightly_smiling_face: (More settings)

7 Likes

234234234234.obj (4.5 MB)

6 Likes

aaaaaaa!!!:scream:

Scale dropped but again problems

@Xmaiter
Use unit scale
%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202019-09-27%2017-52-05
Increase your model by 100 times (maybe less). Apply scale. And set the appropriate Unit scale 0.01. The size of your model will not change, but many bugs will disappear.

Simple tests:

Not Cube test:

6 Likes

It would be good to make a small video showing the differences that make this ‘unit scale’ thing Ilya. As it seems it an important point for achieving clean results in difficult tasks.

2 Likes

When the objects are very small. That many functions do not work correctly.

1 Like

Can confirm that this is true in many many cases in Blender. I’ve used a few other addons that didn’t act appropriately because I had a mesh at an unintentionally small size. Must be a precision thing in the calculations.

I may be wrong, but the float type is 6-9 significant digits.
But I’m not sure what blender is using.

1 Like
11 Likes

Хорошо. Кнопка stop_calc выключает выполнение скрипта. Таким образом можно менять любые настройки без применения.

Ok. The stop_calc button turns off script execution. Thus, you can change any settings without applying.
%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202019-10-03%2015-40-27

2 Likes

В общем это мой косяк до меня дошло. Я соединял объекты в режиме Local wiew просто.
It’s my fault i’m use your addon in a Local view mode.

This is superb! When we will have a version to download Ilya?

The so nicely shaped pipe creation opens the way for precise offset cuts also (through utilizing the ‘intersect knife’ tool of Blender). I have made some experiments with such cuts (working manually somehow) and I have met some normals problems. But I do continue to experiment with them. Will give some feedback when will be sure about the results.

Я постарался быстрее удалить коментарий, когда понял что мой косяк ) , Но ты уже ответил сенкс.
I tried to quickly delete the comment when I realized that it was my fault, but you already answered, thanks

I was going to post a new version by the end of this week. But I’m not sure I will be in time.

7 Likes

I apologize. I will try release until the 14th

5 Likes

Surprise :sweat_smile:

bab_v_0_3_0_0.py (71.8 KB)

I’ll update the header later.
And record a video later.

32 Likes

Rodinkov_Ilya, thanks for all your hard work. I look forward to the video.

Ilya, thank you very much and record a video on Russian or Ukrainian, please