[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

hello,may i ask how could i correct the shading?

Add more edges to the second object. And don’t make it sharp. This is bad for shading.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Привет, я все пытаюсь сделать плоский бевел, на лоупольной геометрии. Вот что получается в последней версии. С маленькой фаской все хорошо, но с большой происходит беда.
Я не прошу это пофиксить, просто сообщаю, что есть такой баг.

Hi, I’m still trying to make a flat bevel on lowpoly geometry. This is what happens in the latest version. With a small bevel, everything is fine, but with a big bevel, trouble occurs.
I do not ask to fix it, I just inform you that there is such a bug.

babtestLP.blend (1015.6 KB)

Is there a version for blender 2.82?

BaB version for 2.82?
For my case, 0_3_0_0 version works with 2.8, 2.81 and 2.82. But I didn’t test it from start to finish.

it loads in 2.82 but the moment I press “bevel” it stops working

uncheck the stop calc

2 Likes

Я могу попробовать записать видео со звуком, но не уверен, что в этом есть необходимость.

I can try to record a video with a speech, but I’m not sure if this is necessary.

2 Likes

Ilya I have experimented with the ‘bands’ option of Bab a little bit and thought that if it were possible to have the bands facing the surface of the object (as it is shown in the images below) it would be easy, somehow, to unite them manually and so produce even intersecting strips.

Somewhere in the past you had mentioned something so… is it not possible to have such a thing? I mean producing the bands in such a way?

Rodinkov_Ilya, I could sure use a video with speech. Thank you.

Below are some images from some experiments on producing strip derived cuts on objects through the use of Bab. The strips to be extruded and cut are achieved by bevelling (using Bab) lines produced with the use of Blender’s native intersect-knife tool. As it is evident the results are quite good. There are some small problems (as the ones shown with the red arrows in the mesh screenshot, where Bab has a difficulty to produce straight bevellings on short lines) but in general the results are very satisfying.

Ilya what are your plans for the future regarding Bab? What do you think that can be added further on it?

2 Likes