[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

The version you did upload now is much better but there are still problems (as in the image below). I am attaching the related Blend file too.

Btw, give a look to the ‘slice’ also… it seems that it is not working.

Bab normals problems.blend (2.1 MB)

Are you modifying normals?
You result:

My result:

This is strange

1 Like

Ilya have a look to the ‘symmetrize’ command, also, please. It seems that it is not working.

Btw, when I am trying to symmetrize the objects with the native ‘symmetrize’ command of Blender, after using the addon, the symmetrized half of the object appears with severe normals problems also.

I will check it.

It should be so. Native ‘symmetrize’ not work with custom normals

2 Likes

hi, ty for nice plugin.
also i have one question - how hard made destructive bevel modifier like you’re plugin?

This requires c / c ++ and new branche of blender.

3 Likes

aint that the truth. I dream of a bevel mod that is capable of pushing geo away and making room for the loops it adds…

6 Likes

This is my next project, after I kill all the remaining bugs with new boolean.

23 Likes

“pushy” bevel and weld “favortism or propensities” remain 2 of my biggest dreams now.
I got faith in you Howard! Also i yelled out “oooh snap!” when i saw you pop in at bcon. Dem booleans…

4 Likes

Just reminding that someone can achieve a different kind of bevelling by utilizing the pipe producing option of BAB also. You select the boolean cut seam, you produce a pipe and then you cut (through a ‘difference’ boolean operation) the seam areas with this pipe. In the model below after a main cut with a thick pipe I made a secondary cut on the edges of the newly produced thick bevels also. As is evident the results ara quite impressive:

1 Like

Below another example:

For Blender 2.91 update:

bab_v_0_3_0_6.py (96.8 KB)
This is a temporary solution, in the future I will rewrite the add-on

17 Likes

HI. Here’s an interesting place where the addon doesn’t work. At the same time, if you make a difference for same object, then it works, but union object does not.sprayer.blend (2.6 MB)

Was able to figure it out, I added an additional subdivision on active boolean object and then it’s work.

Thank you for update!

1 Like

For some reason in 2.91 it addno misses the edge of the boolean intersection.

What version of the addon are you using ?
In blender 2.91, fast and exact method leave different vertex group after boolean modifier (Maybe this is a bug?)

1 Like

3.0.6 And I am using fast method (exact is too slow for me) but yes when using exact then it works. Maby if you have time to implement switching to exact method as failsafe?

I’ll add a check for the method used (in boolean) a little later.

Try this:
bab_v_0_3_0_7.py (97.6 KB)

11 Likes