[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

Please, share the settings you used. Just a screenshot.

4.blend (4.9 MB)

Please, share a screen too because from mere Blend file I cannot read your settings. The operation is already confirmed and I cannot bring back the BaB settings windows.

What’s the problem with doing it yourself ?

It’s that I couldn’t get proper bevel, even though I tweaked many settings and tried many combinations.

5.blend (2.3 MB)
This is an example.

1 Like

Thank you very, very much!

Test:

bab_v_0_3_0_8.py (99.6 KB)
There were so many strange questions to post the video on YouTube
7 Likes

Nice! Now to make it bevel that same edge would be Christmas :slight_smile:

Also did you start working on the updated version for 2.92?

Thank you for all of your hard work.

Ilya thank you very much! This was a really needed feature in BAB (and in Blender, in general)! :smiley:

Now as to the problems I am detecting in recent versions of BAB, they are almost always two: The normals irregularities that are produced in many cases (even if they are of a slight kind) and the waviness of the bevel loops (something that did not happen in 009 v.).

I am putting below an image showing the mentioned problems:

Hi Ilya !
Here is a modest example of a very first use of Bab, comparing its use with the need to manually design a suitable topology to successfully bevel the junction of two cylinders.
It is an incomparable progress to use Bab to deal with the difficulties of intersecting hard surfaces, a huge thank you Ilya !

Try spinning the Smooth patch

2 Likes

So much !
The same object, shaded with a ruthless Matcap to see if there are possibly any artifacts … none ! Wonderful !

2 Likes

I scaled down my mesh to the size of yours and used the same settings, but my mesh is still broken.
I’m using version 0.3.0.3 for Blender 2.90.1.

BaB problem.blend (4.6 MB)

I just realized it works on any edge in edit mode. THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you for those features @Rodinkov_Ilya.
I have a question tho, why refine tab isnt working anymore?

Turn off Density

Didn’t know it works like that, thank you.

Smooth loops test:

bab_v_0_3_0_9.py (105.0 KB)
7 Likes

Very nice Ilya :slight_smile: One question what is test button supposed to do?

Does this: (I missed one line in the code. So it doesn’t work)

bab_v_0_3_0_9.py (105.1 KB)

3 Likes