WIP: Blender Party!

What about a type of bowling game were you use a spherical bomb to knock out pins.

Your stores are a very cool idea 1+ vote :wink:

thank you :]

ok u guys, the mall is completly finished, but im holding off on screens for now. i will tell u however, that it includes stores by the names of ‘spatula city’ and ‘toasties breakfast eatery’. one of which is shaped like a giant toaster. now i just need mini games…

looks like a neat game. Love how you are taking your time to do a nice job on the models

we could always have a mingame contest…

it would help if you guys just shouted out ideas for mini games. i need any at all. i only have like 5, and im out of ideas

This looks great so far, the shop names are good. I look forward to seeing the mentioned toaster-shaped shop:D
Here are a few ideas for mini-games:
-A simple race game with a top-down camera angle (that makes it trickier to control;))
-One where you have to fill a balloon faster than your opponent by hammering the space bar as fast as you can (You could probably do this with a simple scale animation and a bit of Python to control its speed)
-A classic “catch falling stuff in a box” sort of game

I hope these ideas are helpful, good luck with the game:)

1. already working on a racing game
  2. balloon one is in mario party 2 already
  3. perhaps

A tank that shoots large darts at a rotating giant dart board.:cool:

theres no new buidlings in this view (besides the corner of the roof of the wooden one there) but this pic is to show off my spiffy new reflections :] check it:
oh, and by the way, my entire mall is less thank 2500 polys alltogether :] im proud of that

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8185/10bi3.jpg

I like your idea for this game!!
Here are some ideas for minigames:

-Whack-A-Mole thingy

• Maybe a Duck Hunt clone, where the players who get the shoots the most birds wins?
  • some kind of racing platformer where the platform you step on disappear.
  • Maybe a reaction game where a light turn green or something like that then you have to press space and the last one to do so loses.
  • Memory games.
  • A game where you are told what items to shoot (first-person) and you get +points for hitting the items you were told to hit and -points for other items. a fun thing would be if every the screen was shared with four crosshairs so they compete about the same items, but maybe dont have to hit exactly the same items.
  • a game that is similar to the game in Mario Party where shy guy raises flags and you have to press A or B corresponding to what flag he raised.
  • maybe a game where a letter appears on the screen and you have press that one on the keyboard. Might sound pretty lame ubt could be funyy if you are like 4 people on one computer lol.
  • a game where you have to pick the colour that the word is written. Let’s say they write “Blue” in big red letters and you have to press the corresponding button for red.

Other have also already posted some cool ideas for you. I hope this goes well because it seems very cool!

wow nice loooking reflections

also…are u going to have diferent themed boards?
id love to help u make a scifi, futuristic style one XD

Actually the balloon one is in the first Mario Party as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s one more idea.

Launch a rocket from point A, maneuver the rocket thru a flock of birds without hitting the birds or else the rocket explodes and kills some or all the birds, if the rocket makes it thru the birds without touching them then the rocket hits and destroys point B.

ok, so i have this minigame where you walk around ‘poopingdales’ and shoot at each other and hide behind clothesracks. so to shoot i have a plane thats parented to my camera which is parented to my player that adds an object (bullet) upon pressing a key. and in layer 2, the object (bullet) is there, and has a dloc of 1. it works fine and shoots well, unless the character rotates. then the bullet starts skewing off into different directions when shot, unless you are facing the same way you were when you started. WHY i ask!

Dloc in which direction? Dloc won’t go in the direction the player’s facing, it will always go in the direction that’s been specified. Although I can’t actually think of another way of doing it :o

no one? anyone have any ideas as to how to make this work?

If I have to make a way of shooting I use a ray - I’m not sure whether you are able to use d-loc. Perhaps you could make the bullet an ‘actor’, make it have an opposite force to the gravity and give it momentum using the ‘add object’ actuator? Although it will have to be with an empty or else the plane will interfere.

Yea, I think I remember seeing something like this situation before, not great with game engine, but I figured out if the edit object of the bullet has the motion. And then the edit object to enter it to the 1st layer, has no direction. Or something like that. Looks really awesome!