WIP Commercial Refrigerator (Update January 3 2021

This is a Commercial Refrigerator model I am making and using on an upcoming project on a virtual kitchen for teaching purposes. My aim is to make it look mid hard-surface and low poly modeling trying to keep a flow of style within. I am liking the detail but more should be added to the model. Tell me what you think and how should I approach this more accurate

2 Likes

Hi Dominic,
These images are a bit dark - would like to see in kitchen lighting. It looks good. What is the intended purpose of the fridge in the virtual kitchen? If this is just to represent a kitchen appliance among other kitchen items I’d say it’s good to go. No more detail is needed - especially if low poly is important. Unless maybe some food and drink items if it’s to be opened at any point. If the purpose of the fridge is to market a particular commercial fridge product line then we’d need to see some references.

2 Likes

You’re right about being a represent as a kitchen appliance as its my main focus. the background is irrelevant as the kitchen is separate from the prop, after that its going to be part of an animation on my virtual kitchen project. all I need are selves on the doors and a light bulb and it should be a good. also food is a nice suggestion for later models depends on the situation . Thank you for your opinions. I might use this as a reference for future model I am also making to sell online .

1 Like

Looks like a good start. I would like to see it under actual kitchen lighting. Find an HDRI image environment to provide the lighting.

I think it could use some more detail, especially in the interior. The interior walls of the doors look too thin to me. Do you have reference photos? or is this your own design? Looking at real refrigerators should really help.

1 Like

Thank you Spaceboy64, did not notice that and yes I am making it an original. I did look at references of refrigerators and puzzle it out to make an original design. So it will be an easy fix. Then once finish its going to be animated with only the doors moving and lights. The background was just for display for the refrigerator to show progress. Again thank you for your response.