[WIP] Dynamic Parent addon

Ok fixed it. i just renamed the file to Dynamic_Parent_2

That’s weird. Which name it had?
Can you show full traceback?

Thank you very much ! This is really helpful addon !!!:heart_eyes:
One question: Why is it still in the process of being finalized? Because I’ve been using it for over a year and I still haven’t seen any errors !!!
Thanks again !:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You very welcome! =)

Well, it was my first big and complicated script (more or less). I wasn’t sure if I was doing it right, so I added “WIP” in the name of this thread. And later just forgot to delete it =)

“haven’t seen any errors” - that’s awesome news! One question - are you using version for 2.8?

1 Like

Oh, I just found your upgrade after deciding to move to 2.8.
I tested it for the first time and it worked ! like 2.79, very well.

Thank you <3 You are life saver :smiley:

This is fantastic! A pretty huge time saver, thank you very much for your hard work!

Is the 2.79 version still available if yes pls give me link.

Dynamic Parent for 2.7x

Any chance we’ll see a 2.8 compatible version of this?

Here is the current version for 2.8 - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romanvolodin/dynamic_parent/2.8/dynamic_parent.py
And I do have plan to rewrite and improve the addon. So if you (and anyone in this topic) have any request or suggestion feel free to share it

1 Like

Thank you! This addon is awesome. Is there a chance you could move it over to the sidebar, in a Rigging tab? It looks pretty odd hanging out in the toolbar.

Edit: for anyone who wants to do it themselves, just make these changes:

1 Like

Yeah, the addon panel will definitely be moved in other place. May be a pie menu? Will see.

A crooked menu would make it a lot easier.