WIP - Fast and optimized BGE Networking

wow this is amazing that someone finaly working for multiplayer addon. i really hope it will succeed. cant wait for this : )

Any new updates on this awesome multiplayer networking? If so can someone post the update files? I would like to test this out, lol.

Hey Fred, can you please make the netwroking work in UPBGE 2.5? please bro, please

1 Like

I’ll test the system tomorrow no worries buddy !!!

Fred/K.S

Holy HELL. This is amazing!

1 Like

If only I had a little bit of free time from work and school I would try to make a little game to demo this. PS, if anyone wants to integrate this into their game just let me know, ill help

3 Likes

Thats asoweme dude! !!

1 Like

Thanks dude, will ask you if needed

Will PING You up on friday for Speed Racer AWNW 2

Im going to use your addon

Fred/K.S

Hey bro please reply to the personal msg I sent to you…

1 Like

Hey bro got any new updates?

So I came across this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4391872/python-open-a-listening-port-behind-a-router-upnp

and realized: wow! with this, any game can be automatically hosted as online multiplayer on a “host” player’s pc

I will implement this once I get back to this thread

1 Like

Coolio i await your implementations for testing!

Fred/K.S

server+client.zip (47.0 KB)

latest code is here. UPnP executable included is a windows build but you can pip install miniupnpc on linux.

Edit the server.py and choose a port to use. That’s pretty much all you need to do for the server or you can use the port that I put in there by default. Then run client.py with the same port and also dont forget to set the ip address that the server tells you.

this is not set up for use in blender yet. run all this from the command line. All this does is demonstrate networking capabilities

2 Likes