WIP Female model *Nudity*

Hello fellow blenderheads:D Long time no see.

Im trying to learn organic modelling, and I suck at it :(.
But here is my first Picture. Any tips on how to model her?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1027/wipdame1hu0.jpg

Gonna work on it, tomorrow again… No one have anything to say?
Is it really that terrible?

i think you need some good refs.
allso i think you have added too many polys in this stage.
but keep working, the magic will be yours in time by dealing with it :wink:
and remeber, tris are BAD!

Looks good thus far for a first try, so far as anything above the belly button goes. However:

1. You should really start again with the part below the belly button. It’s very messy and you really should work with quads. Also it’s obvious by looking at the wire frame that you’re not using blender’s MIRROR modifier - if you use it it would make things oh-so-much more easier.

2. Shoulders are a wee bit too small, raise them up more so that they have more prominance, you might want to move the breasts down a little so that your figure doesn’t look bunched up.

3. The head looks a little large for the body, or is it the other way round? Either way, the head looks disproportionate compared to the body, you may want to scale it in order for it to fit.

Also some tips:

• Normally a person is three heads wide from shoulder to shoulder - this doesn’t really apply for a toony character.

• Hips are the same width as shoulders, model the figure shape around this in order to get a sense of proportion.

Hope this helps and keep blending!

thank you for the replie :smiley: … I’ll find some good refs. Tris? Totally forgot what it is right now :wink:

Tris = Triangular polycons (a face consisting of 3 verts/edges)

ah okay… Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much :D, gonna take a look on my model now…

next update. That image really hepled, as you can see :slight_smile:

Update:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5521/wipdame2sv9.jpg

Ref:http://www.fineart.sk/photos/female/005.JPG

next update. That image really hepled, as you can see :slight_smile:

Update:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5521/wipdame2sv9.jpg

Ref:

Direct linkhttp://www.fineart.sk/photos/female/005.JPG

http://www.fineart.sk/photos/female/005.JPG

Much better - carry on with what you’re doing.

whoops I double posted.
Thanx , ill do so :slight_smile:

The only problem I have is with the breasts. I spent a lot of time studying them (no seriously, actual studying. XD) when I was modelling a person once, and yours are… a bit off. They kindof look extruded. This is probably because they ARE, and it’s quite common to do so, but they shouldn’t look it. Right now they’re just conical blocks suspended in the air in front of her chest, they just look kindof fused on, haphazard like.

They’re the only main problem that I can see, and apart from them it’s looking pretty nice. :] The skin is lit j’4w3s0m3ly, by the way.

Now. Diagram of magical wonderment–see attachment–with numbered points. (note, I am not a professional so anything I say can be taken with a grain of salt, these are just suggestions.)

Super fun-time kicky go go MADNESS:

1. Across. They start too high, they look like they’re just coming straight out of her collarbone, though they do kind of start at the collar-bone, that’s only technically and it’s barely visible, yours start straight out.

2. Down. They’re not affected at all–apparently–by the forces of gravity. They should be. Note the lines I traced over on the right, there should be more of a slope. The lines show the outline of the breasts; what the lines don’t show, however, is that the mesh should be creased inwards more at the bottom. Think soft flesh, think gravity.

3. In. Right away we have a problem. The breasts appear to be travelling all the way up to her shoulders and joining her arms at the top. Though the chest muscles do connect at the shoulder like that, by the time they reach the end they’re just muscle and, subsequently, tendon. Look at the lines I drew again, the breasts really need to taper in and back as they reach the upper point. I’m not sure if I’m making it very clear, I’m not very good at explaining things.

4. Balalargh. This can safely be ignored. :stuck_out_tongue: I just had empty space and was doodling topology lines aimlessly.

A couple more suggestions are to round off where her ribcage ends a little (see lines) and to slim up and lower where her hips start. Not much, though, just a little, you seem to pretty much have a lot of the general anatomy down. (don’t pay too close attention to the hip lines in the picture, they were a little scribbly.)

All-in-all, she’s very nice so far. I think she’ll turn out well. :] I’m gonna watch this to see how it turns out.

(note: A couple quick topology tips, cut the radial lines in the breasts by half, it’ll make it easier to get a smooth shape, right now any slips and you’ll get a really bumpy mesh really fast. The other one is to try and make more of a v-shape in the horizontal lines for the neck and the pelvis, to follow muscle structure a bit more.)

Well, you’ve got a lot of good advice already. Not much I can add.

But here goes anyway. In general, keep the poly count low until you have as much of the overall shape modeled as possible. Avoid working in things like belly buttons and nipples until every larger shape (knees, elbows, etc.) are done as best you can with a few polys. You made a good start with the head, rough overall shape, then moved on, but you originally lost it when you got to the breasts, and overmodeled. Well, that’s a pretty common mistake. You’ll get over it. As BlackBoe pointed out, too many edges means difficulty fixing the shape without getting bumps all over the place. If you find yourself in the situation where every bump you smooth out creates new bumps nearby, start deleting edges and simplify the mesh. Does wonders.

Your proportions, since you got the loomis drawing in the background, are much improved. Make sure the bony landmarks (knees, elbows, lower ribs, points of hips, clavicles, shoulderblades, ankles, knuckles, etc: everywhere there’s bone just under the skin with no muscle or fat padding) are positioned correctly.

By the way, if we seem to be piling it on with the advice, it’s only cause we love you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow Thanks you for the advices :D… Im gonna work a little on her now :)… Acceley I startet with breast, by making a cirkel and extruding it :slight_smile: And don’t worry BlackBoe, Im glad that you tell me what I should do diffrent, so you don’t

seem to be piling it on with the advice,
hehe ;D…

Next update
I found it hard to take the breast down without ruin what is under them. But Here is my first try. as you maybe can see i’ll cleanet out som of the verticies :smiley:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4209/wipdame3rw8.jpg
And I continuet with her back. I know that the shoulderblades are waay too big, And ill try to fix it, but its really hard.
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4528/wipdame3backxq4.jpg

A little question; Would’t it be better if I just start over wth a brand new model, by following you advices?

A little question; Would’t it be better if I just start over wth a brand new model, by following you advices?
Good question. Too bad there’s no easy answer. I’ve learned a lot by pressing on and fixing things, but I’ve also learned a lot by starting again. If you’re at the point where you know how to fix things, but there are still sooo many to fix, then start over, you’ll know not to do the mistakes again. But if you are looking at some part and asking yourself, “how do I make that better?” then keep going until you figure it out.

This is your first model, Lasphere, so I suggest you look at it this way: you are not making a female model, you are learning how to make a female model. As long as you’re learning new things about modeling a female, keep going. When you want to put that new knowledge into practice, start over.

You’ve make a lot of progress in a week. Keep it up!

I think the breasts are looking better but still not quite right. They seem to float up in space which is not natural. They need to hang down some from the center of the breast. Remember that part is being pulled down by gravity.
http://roia.servegame.org/images/breast.jpg

There should be a crease where the red line points and the part where the blue line is should be pulled downwards (not outwards, just down) giving it a more rounded and natural look. Anyways, hope this helps some. I’m interested in what method you are using to model. Are you using NURBS?

Quote:
                                             A little question; Would't it be better if I just start over wth a brand new model, by following you advices?                                 

Good question. Too bad there’s no easy answer. I’ve learned a lot by pressing on and fixing things, but I’ve also learned a lot by starting again. If you’re at the point where you know how to fix things, but there are still sooo many to fix, then start over, you’ll know not to do the mistakes again. But if you are looking at some part and asking yourself, “how do I make that better?” then keep going until you figure it out.

This is your first model, Lasphere, so I suggest you look at it this way: you are not making a female model, you are learning how to make a female model. As long as you’re learning new things about modeling a female, keep going. When you want to put that new knowledge into practice, start over.

You’ve make a lot of progress in a week. Keep it up!
Thank you, then ill’ continue on this model :wink:

breast
I think the breasts are looking better but still not quite right. They seem to float up in space which is not natural. They need to hang down some from the center of the breast. Remember that part is being pulled down by gravity.

There should be a crease where the red line points and the part where the blue line is should be pulled downwards (not outwards, just down) giving it a more rounded and natural look. Anyways, hope this helps some. I’m interested in what method you are using to model. Are you using NURBS?

Yearh I thought there was somting wrong about them :)… Gonna fix it riight away :D. About your question; Im using Meshes. I startet by taking a Cirkel and the extruding it. The head is another mesh (A cube acceley) :D… Hope that was enough answer.

Im going to have a new update soon, so hang on :smiley: