WIP I'm Not Even Human (Short)

I consider the location finished… ( of-course during the animation various specific details will be added or removed as need for the plot )

1 Like

some sweet news for orginizer

One quick tip –

Balance your time and effort between “creating great-looking sets and characters,” and “shooting film,” even at this early stage in the game. Try loosely blocking-out your possible story, putting cameras into your virtual sets (even if properly-scaled geometric objects stand in for props and characters at this point), and shooting.

Use “OpenGL Preview” renders, with stamps of file-name, frame number, scene and camera name. These can be rendered very quickly; they’re almost free, but they are accurate. Shoot from fixed cameras and then leave those cameras in place, giving each one a meaningful name. Sit down then with Blender’s video editor – or the tool of your choice – and start trying to turn your present thoughts into a possible candidate for “the movie.”

This exercise will shape your realization of what does and doesn’t need to be important, and maybe what requires no attention at all(!), as you build your great-looking sets and as you design and rig your characters. It also does great things for the will to continue, because you might have literally “watched your movie,” long before it is done.

This lets you do what some filmmakers do: shoot multiple “takes” of a shot, from different angles and so-forth, which are then “cut together” in the editing process. (Today, rough editing usually starts to take place as the film is shot or the HD video is captured.)

And, since OpenGL Preview renders are completely accurate, the time you spend doing this is anything-but “wasted time.” In fact, you can replace that preview with the final version of the shot, and it will match exactly. For people like me who can’t draw, it’s the perfect “pre-viz” or “animatic.”

I did some research about filmmaking… And I hold an old project named Wrong Hate back… Already directed in OpenGl as a kind a storyboard… And I’m planning to shoot it one day on a green screen… I’m not yet saying that I’m the best director in the world but I trully understand the story… Part of directing…

You meantioned static shots… I avoid those as much as possible. The camera most of the time is moving… Because there is most of the time a reason for it. It’s a short film, it’s fast film… No long dialogue scenes… Maybe just a couple… And those needed to be done in an interesting way, not in a simple shot reverse shot fasion…

At the screen shot above you can see that the Opening Sequence is 100% done… It’s already rendered in HD… It’s DONE…
I’m working on the second scene… Which basically the begining of the story… ( no spoilers )
I’ve done like most of it… Thinking and rethinking the camera positions and motion… CAMERA is more important in a good film then actual actor…
Good director can make bad actor look like he is a good actor, by he uses the camera. The composition and the movement.

I DID ALMOST ALL OF IT IN OPEN GL… But then I did Cycles 25% version to see if the colours and light is what I want to see…
And now one of the shots is actually getting the Final render already while I animate the ending of the scene.

Then I gonna model the next envirounment… BECAUSE THAT’s HOW I FOUND IT GOING TO WORK

( sorry I think I have ADHD that’s why my pipeline is so chaotic ( and I needed the Orginizer in the first place ))

I’ve got a new PC now there are 3 of them. The new one has a Graphics card and Renders 6 times faster. Filnally I have hope to render the project out. Also Ideas… But No spoilers LOL

NEW LOCATION IS IN DEVELOPING…

also on my youtube channel there is a video where you can glince at the opening sequence of that movie. Will not tell you which video.

1 Like

Here are some cool renders from the 6th scene… it’s about 34.8 % of the cartoon DONE!

AND I’m in the middle of developing ANALYTIC tools for Orginizer . py such as this new cool
render speeds graph in the start render window.

NEW LOCATION! Johnny’s Store

1 Like

NEW LOCATION! Pito’s Home

1 Like

New update for Orginizer.py ver 3.0
Project Analytics tool

FIRST TEASER TRAILER

Wow, is (really) beautiful

New features are coming soon to Orginizer

SECOND TRAILER

Just finished animating the last scene. In few days there will be the renders. And then the movie will be done.
Not moving the release date. It’s still June 1st

I’m very excited for you to see this project “in the can,” and I’m just as interested in your Python tool!

(By the way, it would be abbreviated “June 1st.” No “r.” Perhaps “June 1, 2018.” Be sure to include “© Copyright” in eveything.)

I think that you have created what will be regarded as a very memorable and therefore influential Blender short. The music is strong, the plot-line as far as you have revealed it appears to be very dramatic, and you have very imaginative, surrealistic sets and props. (Particularly the police car.) The setting and concept reminds me, for example, of the Disney movie, Tron.

Furthermore, I see a very strong sense of visual design, cinematography, and staging, all of which is often frankly very lacking in an amateur film. You set the expectations very clearly: this is OpenGL, this is a cartoon, this is stylized (the somewhat “liquid” character animation thus works very well). And, absolutely most-important of all, you are immediately going to come to care very much about this very-expressive boy and his family and his struggle with society’s limitation of youth. If your story follow-through is as strong as I think it’s going to be, you will have done some very fine story-telling here. The technical production-values are certainly there.

And to be on-track to have completed the film on deadline, well, how great is that! :yes:

I have credits in the cartoon. Which are done already. And part of them are Creative Commons little logos. So people would able to use the footage in their projects. Like reviews etc… I don’t want to sell it. It’s not that kind of project.

It’s cycles LOL. With very simple materials and strong use of DE-NOISING. There are scenes where use a lot of Dept Of field, reflections, refractions to create better feeling images. And there is a lot of light made by objects. Like Neon parts of buildings, cars, robots. I need that light. To I need the whole cycles ray tracer for those. And creating double chracters for both cycles and opengl would be waist of time.
So I just made cycles everything. But Optimized the hell out of it to make it render as quickly as possible.

Exactly. That is the whole point. People got comfortable with the words “This is my child” so they assigned a feeling of ownership upon the child. There is nothing particularly wrong in stating that the person is younger then you. But confusing family relationship with actual ownership. And acting like it’s an actual ownership. Quote “You are my child and you will do what I say” Is completely wrong. At least from my point of view.

It’s Finished 100% I already had a pleasure to watch it from the beginning till the end.

At June First (International Child’s Day) I will post a link on this site with the video.

The poster is done… Waiting for the release date

1 Like

Making Of I’m Not Even Human