[WIP]InstantMesher: automated export and import for 'Instant Meshes' (Windows/Linux)

is there a version of sketch retopo on linux? Does it have a github page?? :open_mouth: wow

There’s a link to download in the first post of the thread

/uploads/default/original/4X/a/9/b/a9bc0d2f2fb24c366d3664187462d7e30cb937ef.jpgstc=1

Attachments

Great job, this software are really good ! Thanks to share your work.

Thank you very much. Works great.

Hi, on my system (MacOS 10.10.5 and blender 2.77a):
addon install with no error
set the path for Instatant Meshes: inside the .app folder_
“//…/…/…/…/…/…/Applications/blender/Instant Meshes.app/Contents/MacOS/Instant Meshes”
launch the add on, via “space-search-instantmesher”, it begins to write the temporary file, arrives to 3,5 mb and hangs.
Blender becomes irresponsive (see screenshot) as long as I do force quit for instant mesher app.
if I launch “remesher” directly form the topology panel, it works, in a bad way (i.e. with the wrong settings), but it works.
5. manually exporting and launch in instant mesher app works as expected.retopology tab.pdf (93.6 KB)

Attachments

force quit.pdf (51.3 KB)

Addon looks great, but I have this problem on linux.
Traceback (most recent call last): File “/home/patol/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/instantmesher-master/init.py”, line 98, in execute self.regular(objname, context) File “/home/patol/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/instantmesher-master/init.py”, line 185, in regular subprocess.call([self.instantmeshesPath, objname]) # Calls Instant Meshes and appends the temporary *.obj to it File “/home/patol/Desktop/blender-2.77a-linux-glibc211-x86_64/2.77/python/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 560, in call with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p: File “/home/patol/Desktop/blender-2.77a-linux-glibc211-x86_64/2.77/python/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 950, in init restore_signals, start_new_session) File “/home/patol/Desktop/blender-2.77a-linux-glibc211-x86_64/2.77/python/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 1544, in _execute_child raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//…/…/Documents/instant meshes/Instant Meshes’location: :-1

Does Instant Meshes only work with windows 64 bit? From what I can see there is only one download and it seems to be for 64 bit.

i suppose it is 64bit only then :confused:

OK, I installed on my 64 bit computer ,but instant meshes isn’t showing a mesh. Any idea why that is?

Edit:
Finally got it to work. I updated graphics driver and told it to use integrated graphics.

Thank you very much for the addon!, this is really a time saver.

By the way, does anyone know how to compile Sketch Retopo on Linux?. There are binaries for ubuntu 14 and 15, but not for 16 :frowning:

Here’s how I compiled Sketch Retopo on Ubuntu 16.04:

Get the source and extract it somewhere:

Delete contents of build dir if it exists. Go to build dir in the terminal. Change cmake configuration (using cmake-gui or whatever) to point to source and build dirs, then generate.

cmake-gui ..

Then

make

If you get an error about GL/glut.h you need to install glut development files:

sudo apt install freeglut3-dev

Really nice addon, teaLeaf :cool:

Hi! I get this problem in ubuntu 16.04

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/tonatiuh/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons/instantmesher-master/init.py”, line 98, in execute
self.regular(objname, context)
File “/home/tonatiuh/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons/instantmesher-master/init.py”, line 185, in regular
subprocess.call([self.instantmeshesPath, objname]) # Calls Instant Meshes and appends the temporary *.obj to it
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 557, in call
with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 947, in init
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 1551, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘//…/…/otros_programas/Instant_meshes/InstantMeshes’

I find that this addon can be really usfull!

Hi. This looks an awsome addon!
Is it going to be ported to 2.8?

1 Like