WIP InstantRetopo test

(Alberto Gonzalez(afx)) #1

Add-on development is dead.

(3pointEdit) #2

Ooooh, pretty spectacular! Will this need a special build (extra libs) to use?

(Lsscpp) #3

really promising! I waited this stuff for years…

(Pitiwazou) #4

It is possible to follow the hard lines ?

On your videos it seems that it’s a quad remesher, but the results are not yet really great.
Maybe using a pointiness or a dirty vertex map to see those lines and add loops on them.

(iamthwee) #5

Question, these remesher tools, does anyone actually use them reliably for character animation or what not?

It just seems to me nothing can really beat, the practical way of retopoing a mesh by hand. Even the add strokes, seems somewhat hit and miss. I would love to hear people who actually have used these remesh tools, like zbrush in production or on their models.

To me, it just seems like a bit of a waste of time, no offence to the OP, of course :wink:

(Pitiwazou) #6

Depend on what you work, a normal zremesh is for sculpting or for certain forms.

On my work I use zremeh for some parts of a model and I finish the retopo by hand because it’s never good to make a face retopo with this kind of tool.

(Alberto Gonzalez(afx)) #7

@pitiwazou
It’s still WIP, but I definitely have plans on adding such features.

(Pitiwazou) #8

Yes I know it’s a wip :wink:

Good work !

(wolfie138) #9

that’s amazing. love the stego too :slight_smile:

(Pitiwazou) #10

So, what is the status of your retopo tool ?

Have you seen that ? That will be really cool on blender !

(Alberto Gonzalez(afx)) #11

@pitiwazou
Interactive quadflow

(Bernardo) #12

wow… this looks pretty awesome. Of course is just some videos, I can’t wait to try it, but I have to say it is the first time I see something like this.

Keep it up Alberto!

(Pitiwazou) #13

I saw this it’s nice, I would like to see more on a symetrical model.

(kakachiex2) #14

When it will be release

(kakachiex2) #15

It is possible to preorder for beta test

(kakachiex2) #16

Any news on this addon

(GIKKIO) #17

wow fantastic. But is work on hard surface models, on organic model you need a “organized” topology. In Zbrush you can use various method for follow edge flow and regolate the density of the mesh. The masks and the curve for edges flow.
Without this tools I fear it is not very useful, on the organic.

(blurymind) #18

why is this not a part of blender? WOW!

(Thedonquixotic) #19

Hey Alberto, I preordered this and it was supposed to come out July 1st. Is it still coming out? Even if it’s still in Beta I would like to take it for a spin. I’ve been messing with Instant Remesh retopo solution lately and would be interested in trying the add on.

(Thedonquixotic) #20

I sent a couple of emails to Alberto and didn’t hear back. I then decided to do a Paypal refund since that seemed like the only thing left to do. I heard back from Alberto saying that he had decided to stop making the plugin as it had some kind of insurmountable bug. :frowning: Very disappointed that this project isn’t going to go forward. We do have stuff like Instant Remesher, but thats outside of Blender and kind of a pain to use. Even if it isn’t an ultimate retopo solution, having this on hand would be a nice way to clean things up quick without changing programs etc.