WIP: Joe Bar Team.

Hi, My first WIP on Blenderartists.org and hopefully the first WIP I will actually finish :eyebrowlift: .

Based on a comic book (Joe Bar Team).
The end result should become a bar scene with 5 “Joe Bar Team” figures.

Here’s a first test render in Carrara (modeled in Blender 2.42a, textured in Carrara) to learn about rendering in Carrara 5.1 Pro.
Only GI, no lights added: rendering took 4.30 hours with the best settings.
http://users.skynet.be/dominus/pic/bar.jpg

And here’s some progress: rendered with Blender’s internal render with Ambient Occlusion and one sunlight (time: 11 minutes):

Hope you like it and crits are welcome of course.
(Do’nt be too hard on me though: I’m just an amateur :smiley: .)

See ya, Dominiek

that took u 4.5 hours to render… u do realise that its not supposed to take that long right?

vitaliy that took u 4.5 hours to render… u do realise that its not supposed to take that long right?

Hmmm … depends on the quality you’re after, does’nt it?
The first pic has been rendered with the best render quality settings, so IMO it’s normal that it took a couple of hours.
Dominiek.

A bit more modeling and texturing.
I’ve never really modeled anything else than organic characters, so this is all new to me.

yes i know that it has the best quality settings from what you’ve written

but still a simple scene such as that shouldn’t render that long… whats ur rig specs?

how do you make the picture in the post look big instead of making it and attachment?

vitaliy but still a simple scene such as that shouldn’t render that long… whats ur rig specs?

Not quite sure what you mean by “rig specs”.
I think you’re asking about my system specs:
P4 2.8 GhZ
2GB Ram
nVidia Geforce 6800 GT Ultra graphics card
MS XP Home Edition

spiderdog21 how do you make the picture in the post look big instead of making it and attachment?

I’ve put the pictures on my website and when posting you can click on one of the icons just above the “post editing window” (the yellow one with the two ‘mountains’ and little ‘square’ in the upper right corner) to insert an image link to the picture.

Greetings, Dominiek.