I finally have something to show for my cmv (character music video) that ive been working on for many months now. This is a few seconds from when I start using 3D models in the animation and is a good example of what i’ve managed to do so far with the anime shader settings, nodal texture animations, Freestyle toonlines and the rigged model. Theres still a few little things i want to finish and fix with the shaders and the eye textures (i’m halfway through having the eye textures controlled by a bone in my rig), but the model and these are at least 85% complete.
Some tech details:
- hair highlight done by textures in nodes.
- face textures done by a complex node system with the textures animated using pynodes.
- lines done by a simple cartoon Freestyle module. no postprocessing (but i made the option so i can clean them up outside).
- all done as multiple renderlayers saved as alphamapped image-sequences so i can easily postprocess them if needed, and speeds up rendering times by only rendering the layers and frames i need to.
Yet to do:
- create pynode that lets me move the eyes according to a bone.
- enhance face shadows using material retouch and external animatable uv maps.
- Postprocess Freestyle lines when im satified with final animation to take out the extra lines.