Hi to all! I’m new not only to this forum but also to Blender too. Sorry for my quite poor English, because I not native speaker.
This simple still life is my very first, very humble attempt at photorealism. I’m noob to Blender and the scene is WIP, progressing as I learn. I don’t use the principled shader because when I started this scene I don’t knew it. Also, I use mostly procedural textures.
Here are some things that I need a help:
(I wanted to upload unlabeled version too, but as new user I can upload only one image)
- Red circled: When I render(Cycles, GPU, Blender 2.79) Cycles apparently always leave 3 tiles “uncompleted”. I don’t know why - bug or simply I set something wrong.
- Green arrows: Glass (I use simple Glass shader here) is unnatural dark in some places.
- Blue arrows: Wood here looks like plastic. I have no idea how to make it more real life like.
- I need some feedback about a proper way to light the scene. I have a fell that something is not right but I don’t know what.
- I don’t know how to add details (like dirt, cracks or scratches) in a way that is both realistic and visible without zooming the image. Any tips?
- Any general critique