WIP NX650 Tracker

Brake calipers, rear view:

1 Like

Do you have a bike yourself, are you bike affine, or do you gather all your information from the internet.
I would even fail to name all these parts to search for reference images :smiley:

strapazie: I don’t own a bike, so I have all my references from google. But I’m actually considering buying a Honda Dominator and building my own real tracker mod… if only my days were longer :frowning:

quick viewport render with everything I’ve got so far, materials still placeholders:

Attachments

1 Like

Sooo… Finally found some time to work on the most complicated piece - the carburator!
I had a hard time finding good reference photos for the original carb, so I decided to model another one which fits the NX650, the Mikuni TM40. Seems like that’s a commonly used model, so Google revealed lots of images from all angles.
Not quite finished, but here’s what I’ve got so far (no textures, only basic materials):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449014[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]449015[/ATTACH]

Attachments

1 Like

More:

1 Like

nice work here

for metal you could looks at latest PBR lib here

see near the end the metal lib

happy cl

thanks for the link! I’ll finish modeling before doing any serious shader work, but maybe this will come in handy.

Wires:

1 Like

Man this is totally nuts best bit of hard modelling I have seen here in a very long time. Hard surface modeling with sub-d’s is really hard and you are pulling it off well with very clean topology

thanks a lot, I’m really enjoying wrapping my head around modeling all those tricky pieces :wink:

Pure stuff! Amazing feature!

Great work! Which method are you using to render the wireframes into the render?

Best regards
Martin

Thx - I render the edges with freestyle, thickness is 0.5 px

Carburator top section progress:

1 Like

So clean topology! Can’t wait to see the whole thing!

I really admire the patience you spend on studying the different parts and adding that much detail.
Nothing to critique so far.

I didnt know that you can subscribe to a thread yet until you mentioned it on mine, so I’m doing that now :smiley:

Wow ! Extreme detailed modelling work.

Congrats!!!

Simply incredible. Its works like this that keep me inspired to learn more and do more. Keep it up!

Thank you so much everyone, you ppl really keep me going!

Finally done with the carburator - mounted to the engine for a quick render:

Really looking forward to finally starting UV unwrapping and texturing in Substance :cool:.
I wish SapphireS’ GSOC project was in master already…

1 Like

Very nice work.

How do you plan out how many polygons you will need for each piece of detail beforehand?