[WIP] q_p

That if great addon. Where do I donate ?
Some nice feature to have:
a) extrude shapes both ways for both LMB and RMB clicks.
B) if we have a), then ability to boolean union, when drawing shape out of surface would be cool (now it is only possible to go inside surface and substract)
c) ability to choose and lock direction (cube/circle extrusion direction) before drawing shape. Eg. in gif below it is impossible for me to extrude cylinder in positive Z direction.

NP_station has this ability, to lock direction of operation, if you hover mouse over surface and press enter - then direction of surface normal is picked and is locked. This is optional step, so if used won’t press enter the current surface normal under the cursor is used instead. Example in np_station:
https://i.imgur.com/I1miB6G.gif

Sorry for my hunch but I do not think it would be necessary to create a plan since the cube derives from an initial plan. The same could be done with the circle. That is to say, as soon as the RMB was released, the circle and the plane would be formed. It could be placed an option for wire and smooth. or you can make some changes as well as this addon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4snW3lX2I)

Sorry for my intrusion, but I do not think it would be necessary to create a plan, since the cube derives from an initial plan. The same could be done with the circle. That is, as soon as the RMB was released, the circle and the plane would be formed. It could be placed an option for yarn and plain. or you can make some changes as well as this add-on (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4snW3lX2I)

Thanks for the feedback. For now you can not donate, as soon as it’s completed, I will post it on Gumroad 0+. Extortion of the cylinder corrected, now it works in both directions. Plain fixation will be added, I think that I would like to do it. Regarding boolean, I did not plan to do it at first. It was planned as a quick creation of primitives. And the pain appeared with the thought “let it be,” so it’s more likely that I will not be working on it any further. You can use boxCuter or Carver MT to quickly cut holes.

add ico sphere and back lighting face for rotation and position

middle mouse button retains direction
tomorrow update github

This looks extremely handy, I think a great workflow speedup is possible with it.

Yes this is nice !

Thanks guys. It’s nice to hear that it will be useful

“You can use boxCuter or Carver MT to quickly cut holes.”
Yes , but q_p seems more convienient - you can eg. more easily cut hole through wall with more depth precision. In other solutions you would cut through whole building, as there in no easy way to control depth. I may look into additive boolean, and I will make pull request to master if I manage to do it.

“I may look into additive boolean, and I will make pull request to master if I manage to do it.”
I did not understand what you meant

On github you can make fork of script/program, add some function to it, and then request adding those changes back to master branch by thing called ‘pull request’. If that is ok with you, I could look into adding boolean union into q-p, by making fork and then do ‘pull request’ to master.

Ok. First I need something to refine.

Pre-release!

I did everything I wanted.
I’ll wait until the community finds bugs and if everything will be well laid out as a release.

really cool add on :slight_smile: little bug, maybe it’s because of a highly customized blender. i get a traceback using the boolean as soon as i press the right mouse button.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\q_p-master\QGSphere.py”, line 386, in modal
ApplyBool(self, context)
File “C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\q_p-master\QGSphere.py”, line 290, in ApplyBool
bpy.ops.object.modifier_apply(modifier=self.ray_obj.modifiers[-1].name)
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[-1]: out of range.

i make test on my config and default. I could not get an error.
You can write down the GIF, how will you get it?

Just - Genial ! Now i don’t missing 3ds Max anymore :slight_smile:
Thank You so much !!!

Guys, should I add a grid?

@Darcvizer,

It will be cool if we can orbit around work space during operation; so you can see what going on in a complex scene.

ok boolean now works :slight_smile: failure was on my side. I pushed rmb after dragging lmb. The right way was only dragging rmb :slight_smile: