WIP: Sci-Fi Bedroom (Space) NSFW

Preface: The image is likely NSFW.

http://jlc767.deviantart.com/art/Render-4-Sci-Fi-Bedroom-468427303
Full resolution: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3914/14669304612_991f73245d_o.png

Hey, guys! I hope this post finds you in good spirits. I’m brand new to Blender, with only a day or two under my belt fumbling around and overall not really knowing what I’m doing. Thank god for YouTube! Anyways, I wanted to share my current WIP. Don’t mind the NSFW warning, this isn’t anything lewd / hardcore; it’s just a tasteful semi-nude-ish space scene. I started working in 3D about a week ago using Daz3D. Thanks to the Teleblender plugin and someone on DeviantART mentioning Cycles, I’ve found Blender to be GREAT for my workflow. I have a fairly high-end gaming PC and I’ve been wanting to put this GTX 670 to work (those LuxRender CPU renders were horrible!)

Anyways, this is where I’m at on my WIP as of this morning at around 3am. I’ve since made additional changes and am in the process of another 2,400 sample render (@ 4,000 pixels wide). I’m guessing the render will be done late tonight and can share if you guys like.

So, apparently Blender has chosen to disregard my lighting from Daz3D. My scene was dimly lit with a subtle blue hue and apparently not this bright. (I turned off ALL lights including the sun and it was still very bright; turns out some of the bedroom elements were emitting a lot of light. I’ve since adjusted them) Also, my camera + DOF settings didn’t import; I had to set the Blender nucam for DOF (using the Node interface), which took HOURS to figure out. I need help on her skin. It’s kinda glossy. I went into Daz3D this morning and turned down the Specularity a bit (is that the right setting?) before I exported, but I’m not sure if there’s anything else I should be doing in Blender.

Anyways, I hope this image isn’t against any forum rules. Hoping for some feedback / criticism / help. Basically, I’m a total noob with Blender, textures and lighting. Would love some feedback overall and any assistance to make this scene look better / more real. :slight_smile: