WIP Street Scene

This is my WIP of an outdoor street scene. The next stage is lighting and texturing, which for me, is the hard part. Any hints and advice for this scene? C+C welcome.

Attachments

looks good so far, only crit is the dome shaped building seems abit out of place, the scene looks mediteranian to me (most of it anyhoo), but yeah, just the dome for me is out of place, other than that, really like it.

Well for lighting I don’t know of a good way… I have played with lighting a while and have never gotten quite the look I am going for…

For the overall pic I think the feild of view is kind of odd… like the whole seen is a miniture… but other than that it looks good…

Aaron

I like the look of it so far. I’m guessing you used a generator for the tree?

looks good so far, only crit is the dome shaped building seems abit out of place, the scene looks mediteranian to me (most of it anyhoo), but yeah, just the dome for me is out of place, other than that, really like it.

Thanks! I was going for a Mediterranean theme, but I didn’t want it to be restricted, so the dome adds verity (that’s what I hope anyway…).

For the overall pic I think the feild of view is kind of odd… like the whole seen is a miniture… but other than that it looks good…

Aaron

I suppose it could be the render or the camera angle, I’ll play around with it to see what happens.

I like the look of it so far. I’m guessing you used a generator for the tree?

Yep, the Gen3 script.

Anyhow, I need a point in the right direction for the textures, what are your ideas?

I think BlenderNation has an archive on free texture sites. The Genetica Viewer comes with wall and ground treatments and you can use it to build different scaled textures, which is always handy. The modeled in detail on the building with the offset cornerstones looks good, you might think about adding similar modeling to the top and corner edges before you texture, since texturing won’t change the edges (unless you go with displacement mapping.)