[WIP] Stylized Vintage cooker

Hi all :slight_smile:
Here is a project I’ve been working on for a little while now.
It is a stylized cooker based on a concept by Servando Lupini (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qzk8P).
The low poly model was made with Blender, then sculpted with Zbrush , baked in blender and textured using both substance and blender. My goal was experiment with the workflow of making a stylized asset (I also used it as an excuse to learn substance and Zbrush).

IHere what I’ve got so far:

I am really looking for some feedback especially on the texturing bit as it’s the first time I’ve ever done a fully procedural texture.
Hope you’ll like it :slight_smile: !

2 Likes

V5
Been messing arround a bit with animation to make this thing a bit more alive :smiley:
The smoke was hand-painted to keep the stylized style I 've been trying to get so far.
I will work on it a bit more and maybe add a few broken pieces or bolt flying away. I will also start working on the background.
Tell me what you think !

That animation is coming out great! Need to get some music in there too :slight_smile:
As for the procedural texturing, it looks alittle plastic/smooth to me (or maybe its a cartoon feel and if so, it came out nice), but maybe thats the look your going for, over all it looks good :+1:

Thanks for the feedback ! Your comment made me realize I had left the specularity all the way up to one for most of my textures. I also painted a little bit more rougness and dusty texture here and there to make it even less plastic. I think I will carry on working on the bottom part as it still looks kinda flat.
Hopes this looks better now :slight_smile: !

1 Like