[WIP] Sverchok, parametric nodes for architects

Glad to see progress. Hope someone can utilise in workflow what we are doing with FreeCAD

I have an issue, whenever I disable Sverchok and try to enable it again, I get an error. Last time I had to reset my user preferences in order to be able to enable Sverchok. Any thoughts? Is there a file specific to Sverchok that I can erase instead of resetting my preferences?

Definitely super interested in this!

I have Freecad 19.1 installed on windows, but when I set the folder with the freecad.exe, Sverchok was ginving an error

please, do not deactivate sverchok. It is some complicated and needed restart blender after disabling.
If you need reload addon, use F8 button or restart blender.

The only solution seems to be the reset my preferences. Event reinstalling the addon and deleting the config folder doesn’t solve it and restarting Blender many times in the process.

It seems by default it’s looking to import something. When disabling the addon, it should perhaps reset to default settings withhout any additional external libraries enables.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\BlenderFoundation.Blender_2.92.100.0_x64__ppwjx1n5r4v9t\Blender\2.92\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 351, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File ~addons\sverchok\__init__.py", line 75, in <module>
    imported_modules = init_architecture(__name__, utils_modules, ui_modules)
  File "~addons\sverchok\core\__init__.py", line 115, in init_architecture
    import_all_modules(imported_modules, mods_bases)
  File "~addons\sverchok\core\__init__.py", line 100, in import_all_modules
    import_modules(mods, base, imported_modules)
  File "~addons\sverchok\core\__init__.py", line 70, in import_modules
    im = importlib.import_module('.{}'.format(m), base)
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\BlenderFoundation.Blender_2.92.100.0_x64__ppwjx1n5r4v9t\Blender\2.92\python\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "~addons\sverchok\core\sockets.py", line 25, in <module>
    from sverchok.core.socket_conversions import ConversionPolicies
  File "~addons\sverchok\core\socket_conversions.py", line 22, in <module>
    from sverchok.utils.field.vector import SvVectorField, SvMatrixVectorField, SvConstantVectorField
  File "~sverchok\utils\field\vector.py", line 18, in <module>
    from sverchok.utils.kdtree import SvKdTree
  File "~addons\sverchok\utils\kdtree.py", line 15, in <module>
    from scipy.spatial import cKDTree
  File "dimitar\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\scipy\spatial\__init__.py", line 100, in <module>
    from .qhull import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Also, is it possible to add the external libs with the Windows Store version of Blender?

is it because you update blender itself?

I haven’t updated Blender recently, but I use the windows store version because of the automatic updates, if that’s what you mean

@dimitarsp i use overmind’s updater, which updates only when i explicitely tell it to :slight_smile:

highly recommended

Thanks, useful utility for the nightly builts!

Duh, now I know it can update this with changing frames, I just needed this node (Frame info):
duh
Excuse me for having unnecessary wishes.

edit: it doesn’t have to be connected.

But…updating with frames is really slow on my pc :cry:

1 Like

you can press the arrow keys left and right, if that’s slow maybe you have an addon that interacts with the timeline? (sverchok just “listens” to active frame changes, and may in some cases double update if the frame change also invokes a scene dependancy graph change, which may be the case if you are directly outputting mesh data)

but i’d look at other add-ons interacting first.

zeffii, thank you for your response. Arrow keys are not the solution. No addon that interacts with the timeline. No mesh data.

I got some improvement (4x) with some other settings in “playback” > “Frame Dropping” and using just 3 frames (start1 end3).

The 5 point ellipse has a very long equation. It is maybe to much for “animating”. Also my pc is nine years old (i7, 8 gigabyte memory), that doesn’t help too. :grin:

Also my pc is nine years old (i7, 8 gigabyte memory),

i feel your pain, and glad you’re still smiling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For a long time I exclusively used a lenovo 14 1BY (2gb ram), and on that machine I found the change between blender 2.79 to 2.8+ and 2.9+ had a big negative impact on Blender’s usability, and Sverchok’s usability is directly related to that.

Things like Eevee and the standard Mesh/Scene shading functionality are great for relatively powerful machines, but a royal kick in the stomache for less powerful machines - especially for when Sverchok outputs changes to Meshes in the Scene directly. Ultimately I ended up using the ViewerDraw node 99% of the time, and only used MeshViewers for rendering or specific debug tasks.

If you can use the ViewerDraw nodes while developing a nodetree, do - then when you want to see a render attach a MeshViewer also and disable the ViewerDraw node. Switching between the two during nodetree building is a sound strategy. (you can hide the geometry made by MeshViewers, and switch it off from updating Live)

2 Likes