WISP - Ultimate Fire Shader for Cycles + EEVEE

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce WISP, a fire shader I have been working on over the last few years !

In a nutshell, it takes your existing fire simulation and applies corrected shading to the volume, providing better depth perception, visual fidelity and animatable burn control with no extra simulation cost.

A comparison with a standard color ramp setup:

Here is a GIF of a quick simulation in Cycles (literally just an icosphere emitting flame with a wind force field behind it).

Same Simulation but with the EEVEE version of the shader:

Using the shader is Super simple as well thanks to the recently included addon. Just click a domain and then click add. No mess with searching and appending.

Now you might be thinking to yourself: Wow great, looks nice on a black background like every fire video on youtube, but what if I want to use it in a daylight setting with normal lighting or HDRI’s?

Well that is where the latest features (Internal Smoke) comes in:

This feature also works for EEVEE with similar results but I don’t want to overload this thread with 10MB GIF files :sweat_smile:

You can see a clip of it in the update announcement video below:

More detailed descriptions of the features and better comparison images are available from the BlenderMarket page: https://blendermarket.com/products/wisp-fire-shader

However if you aren’t really a BM kind of person I have also made it available on Gumroad (although the description is not as detailed).

Thanks for reading :smiley:

1 Like